The Official Indiana Pacers Thread

I don't think anyone wants the 8th seed in the East.

7th Sixers 31-30 --- 7-3
8th Pacers 27-35 --- 3-7
N/A Bobcats 26-36 --- 4-6
N/A Bucks 23-37 --- 3-7
N/A Pistons 22-41 --- 2-8

Sixers are pulling away while the Pacers have lost 4 in a row and the Bobcats have lost 3 in a row.

If that's not proof that nobody wants the 8th seed, I don't know what is.

New York, you have a problem.

How do you lose to the Pacers? Indiana had lost 6 in a row and were without Danny Granger...

At least the Pacers held on to the 8th seed. They are tied with the Bobcats but get the nod due to head-to-head record.

Keep it up Pacers... continue losing your way into the playoffs. I believe in you!

Two losses to the Pacers?

Two career highs for Tyler Hansbrough?

It's a cruel world that you're living in Knickerbockers.

So the Pacers beat the Bulls... that's weird.

Tyler Hansbrough had another big game with 29 points and 12 rebounds. Something has gotten into this kid.

12 games to go...

Pacers are 3-7 in their last 10 and have a 2 game lead for the 8th seed.

Sitting pretty at 30-40. :ermm:

Big night for the Pacers. Beat the Bobcats and the Bucks lost. Pistons lost too.

8th 32-40 Pacers
-----------------
28-42 Bobcats
28-42 Bucks
25-46 Pistons

Getting excited about the idea of being swept by the Bulls, Celtics or Heat!

Time for the Pacers to let me down against the Bucks tonight. Will be a nice follow up to the Astros 9th inning meltdown.

34-42 Pacers - Bucks, Hornets, Wiz, Hawks, Knicks, Magic
32-42 Bobcats - Magic, Wiz, Cavs, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks
30-44 Bucks - Pacers, 76ers, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Raptors, Thunder

Those are the remaining teams in contention for the 8th seed and the rest of their schedule.

Bucks had a chance to win down by 1 with 2 seconds left but Drew Gooden missed a three.

Pacers win 89-88 and the Bobcats lose 89-77.

Updated...

35-42 Pacers - Hornets, Wiz, Hawks, Knicks, Magic
32-43 Bobcats - Wiz, Cavs, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks
30-45 Bucks - 76ers, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Raptors, Thunder

Bucks are all but eliminated. It's basically down to the Pacers and Bobcats for the 8th seed.

Pacers were blown out. Bobcats lost. Bucks won.

Updated...

35-43 Pacers - Wiz, Hawks, Knicks, Magic
32-44 Bobcats - Cavs, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks
31-45 Bucks - Magic, Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Raptors, Thunder

Bobcats and Bucks both lost ground as the Pacers sat idly by last night. They lost to the Cavaliers and Magic.

Updated...

35-43 Pacers - Wiz, Hawks, Knicks, Magic
32-45 Bobcats - Magic, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks
31-46 Bucks - Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Raptors, Thunder

All three play tonight.

A Pacers win or a Bucks loss eliminates the Bucks.

Pacers up 75-56 at the half...

I'm not able to see the game but I assume the Wizards are playing for more ping pong balls. You have to try really hard to allow 75 points in a half.

Pacers beat the Wizards 136-112.

Bobcats lost to the Magic 111-102 in OT against the Magic.

Bucks are up 81-79 on the Heat with 2 minutes left in the game. I believe they are eliminated anyways.

Updated...

36-43 Pacers - Hawks, Knicks, Magic
32-46 Bobcats - Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks

Actually, I believe the Bobcats were eliminated as well.

The best the Bobcats can do is tie the Pacers and I believe the Pacers hold the tie breaker.

Looks like the Pacers are going to the playoffs! For 4 games!

You are correct. nba.com has the Pacers listed as having clinched a playoff spot. So it looks like it'll be Bulls vs. Pacers in the first round.

Yep. They clinched after all.

Pacers were the only team from the central division to beat the Bulls this year. It was the last time they played. Won 115-108 in OT on March 18th.

Maybe the Pacers can sneak another win and extend the series to 5 games. That's crazy talk, I'm outta control right now!

Tied 72-72 with the Knicks at the 7 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

As always, Pacers never play defense. Melo's specialty.

Pacers lose 110-109 to the New York Garbage Knicks.

Were outscored 23-13 in the 4th quarter and lost the lead in the final 10 seconds.

What a horrible team... if you can't hold the lead against an awful Knicks team, you should just forfeit the first round. Bulls will probably sweep the Pacers and win by an average of 14 points.

Even though I expect the Bulls to walk over the Pacers, was just thinking how big of a rivalry this is to me.

They already play in the same division, the states border and Jordan/Miller put on some great showings against one another.

Now, I can take the rivalry one step farther from my point of view. The Bulls will be fielding three starters that played for Tennessee rivals. Derrick Rose(Memphis), Joakim Noah(Florida) and Keith Bogans(Kentucky). They also have two former Arkansas players, two former USC players and two former Duke players.

I really wish the Pacers could find a way to upset the Bulls. Unfortunately, wishing is worthless. So... I plan on getting hammered as I watch the Bulls hammer the Pacers. I can only hope that the Pacers give the Bulls a run for their money the same way the Bulls took the Celtics to game 7. Isn't wishing wonderful?

Let's go Pacers! :clapping:

First game of the day...

Hoping Hibbert can have his way with Noah. 7'2 278 vs. 6'11 232.

I think it's safe to say that ESPN is pulling for the Bulls.

Slobbing over Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah.

Been showing Bulls highlights all morning.

Have said nothing about any of the Pacers players.

Pacers shouldn't even be here with their awful record but damn... aside from Rose and Boozer, Pacers don't match up too badly. Hibbert and Granger can take Noah and Deng. Both teams shooting guards suck. And honestly, if Hansbrough plays like he has towards the end of the season, he'll have a chance to keep Boozer in check.

Rose really is that good though. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the sole reason the Bulls sweep the Pacers.

VN Store

Back