The Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Should make the team better. He's better than Dunleavy and Jones. Hopefully it won't affect the team chemistry. Winning 4 in a row is an amazing feat for the Pacers these days. Let it ride.

For sure. Rush is the best athlete that the Pacers have, IMO.

Of course... Pacers pissed away a 15 point lead to lose in the final seconds. Seriously hate the Heat.

Tennessee better come back and beat Kentucky. Will be a miserable night for sports if both lose.

Good job keeping up with the Heat though. Just wish they hadn't blown such a big lead.

The Pacers almost blew another 10 point lead but held on to beat the Bobcats. Took 8th place back and now hold the tiebreaker over the Bobcats. Vogel is 4-1 and utilizing the young guys.

12/19 29pts 10rebs 2ast 0stl 2blk 1to - Roy Hibbert

7/14 15pts 2rebs 5ast 2stl 2blk 3to - Darren Collison

4/8 12pts 9rebs 7ast 0stl 0blk 0to - Josh McRoberts
----------------------------------------------
23/41(56.1%) 56pts 21rebs 14ast 2stl 4blk 4to

That is solid for a group of guys that are 24 and 23(x2). Long ways to go but the interim coach has made the most of his opportunity so far.

Between the Vols finishing the year with a new coach. The Astros finishing the year with a new coach. The Titans replacing their coach. The Pacers firing their coach. Bruce Pearl in limbo. Would be nice if this one worked out. :crossfingers:

Wow, I didn't realize the Pacers still had any fans, especially in this part of the country. Cool to see a thread dedicated to them on VN. I'm a lot like you orange_pearl, I liked Reggie Miller when I was a kid and have rooted for the team ever since. Ever since the Artest melee, it never really seemed like the team was making an effort to compete, but it is exciting to see them under the direction of a new coach and back in the playoff hunt.

Wow, I didn't realize the Pacers still had any fans, especially in this part of the country. Cool to see a thread dedicated to them on VN. I'm a lot like you orange_pearl, I liked Reggie Miller when I was a kid and have rooted for the team ever since. Ever since the Artest melee, it never really seemed like the team was making an effort to compete, but it is exciting to see them under the direction of a new coach and back in the playoff hunt.

Haha. Surprisingly, the team still has a few fans. It has been rough though. Good chance to keep it rolling against the T'wolves tonight. If they continue to play the way the have been, it should be the Pacers game to lose. They are 22-28 for a reason though. It's certainly not because they've been winning the games the should.

Should be a good game. Will be a ton of young talent out on the floor.

The Pacers beat the T'wolves 116-105 and they're trucking. Vogel now has a 6-1 record.

I know the Pacers are beating up on a bunch of bad teams but they're not exactly good themselves. Might have lucked out with the interim coach. With the way it's going, the Pacers won't be looking for another coach in the offseason. Good stuff.

Pacers have erased a 17 point deficit against the Heat.

58-54 Heat at the half.

Might not win but it's been a heck of a comeback.

Pacers have erased a 17 point deficit against the Heat.

58-54 Heat at the half.

Might not win but it's been a heck of a comeback.

Two things:

1) Vogel is 7-1 entering this game.

2) Should the Pacers win tonight, it would be the biggest win of Vogel's tenure.

Just my two cents.

Two things:

1) Vogel is 7-1 entering this game.

2) Should the Pacers win tonight, it would be the biggest win of Vogel's tenure.

Just my two cents.

True story.

As much as I would love the team to win tonight, I'd settle for beating all the bad/average teams and making the playoffs. Feels like it has been forever since this team made the playoffs. This year is a good opportunity to do it.

I only say that because O'brien would beat the Lakers, Heat, Celtics and then lose to the T'wolves, Kings, Nets, Wizards. That's not completely accurate but he'd beat a good team and then lose to two bad teams. This season could have gone down the drain pretty quickly. I'm willing to settle for consistently beating bad teams this season. It's more than what we've been given the past few seasons.

Pacers are up 83-82 heading into the 4th. Anyone's game.

Good to see the Pacers going toe to toe with the Heat yet again. The team really seems to be responding to Vogel.

True story.

As much as I would love the team to win tonight, I'd settle for beating all the bad/average teams and making the playoffs. Feels like it has been forever since this team made the playoffs. This year is a good opportunity to do it.

I only say that because O'brien would beat the Lakers, Heat, Celtics and then lose to the T'wolves, Kings, Nets, Wizards. That's not completely accurate but he'd beat a good team and then lose to two bad teams. This season could have gone down the drain pretty quickly. I'm willing to settle for consistently beating bad teams this season. It's more than what we've been given the past few seasons.

Oh without a doubt. Playoffs is all that I want this year from this team. Vogel has the team playing hard. It will be interesting to see what happens.

About to lose to the Heat again. Down by 10 with a minute remaining.

Dang... oh well.

Just keep beating the bad teams and steal a playoff spot. Might get swept but the first couple of games should be competitive.

In a stunning result that likely will raise questions about the enshrinement process for the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, Indiana Pacers star guard Reggie Miller failed to make the list of finalists for the 2011 induction class, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Miller was considered this year’s most heralded nominee, but apparently did not receive the necessary votes to become a finalist in his first year of eligibility.

Wow... that's ridiculous.

25,279 points
4,182 rebounds
4,141 assists
1,505 steals
47.1% fg - 17,499 attempts
39.5% 3pt - 6,486 attempts
88.8% ft - 7,026 attempts

The Pacers made the playoffs 15 times in Reggie's 18 seasons. Two of those playoff misses were in his first two season. He turned the franchise around and carried them.

Whose cheerios did Reggie piss in?

Pacers pick off another bad team tonight. The Washington Wizards.

Now 8-3 during Vogel's tenure and have improved from 17-27 to 25-30 in that span.

Clinging to the 8th seed.

25-30 Pacers
25-32 Bobcats
21-34 Bucks
21-37 Pistons

Pacers won again with a dunk in the final seconds and a defensive stop on the other end against the Pistons.

Now 9-3 in 12 games under Vogel and have gone from 17-27 to 26-30.

.500 is within reach.

The Pacers just traded Josh McRoberts and a 1st round pick for O.J. Mayo.

I might have to just given up on the Pacers. They were looking for another power forward and instead trade one with a draft pick for a scumbag.

Good job Larry Bird... I hate you.

The trade didn't make it through on time.

Thank goodness.

The team would have been left with one power forward and like five or six shooting guards had this trade gone though. O.J. Mayo can't even shoot. Shooting 40% on the season. That's bad.

Yup, the Grizz pulled out. As a Grizz fan, I really had no opinion of this trade ,because in the end the Grizz are going to let Mayo go. They'll be concentrating on resigning Zbo and Marc. I guess though that they might as well let Mayo finish out the season with the Grizz as they make a big run for the playoffs.

Yup, the Grizz pulled out. As a Grizz fan, I really had no opinion of this trade ,because in the end the Grizz are going to let Mayo go. They'll be concentrating on resigning Zbo and Marc. I guess though that they might as well let Mayo finish out the season with the Grizz as they make a big run for the playoffs.

Sounds like it worked out for both teams then. Although it would have been a bonus for the Grizz to get a 1st round pick for a guy they are going to let go anyways.

I wasn't happy about trading a big man and a 1st round pick for another shooting guard at all. When it came to light that it was too late to make the trade, it was like a freaking miracle.

Pacers are 9-3 since they fired the coach. It wouldn't have made sense to give up that much for a guy that would probably be fighting for playing time with Brandon Rush and Paul George.

Oh wow...

The Pacers, Hornets and Grizzlies were very close to finishing a three-team trade involving O.J. Mayo, Brandon Rush and Josh McRoberts with the call logged at 3:01 PM EST, but the Hornets reportedly pulled out.

The Hornets are currently owned by the NBA.

Memphis would have received McRoberts and a first round pick from Indiana.

New Orleans was going to acquire Rush.

Seriously? McRoberts, Rush and a 1st for Mayo?

How stupid are the Pacers?

Rush averages one less minute but shoots a higher percentage from the field, from downtown and grabs more boards. The only difference is that Mayo averages .9 more assists and 1.8 more points.

This would have been such a bad trade. I don't know why they were even talking about this.

Oh wow...

Seriously? McRoberts, Rush and a 1st for Mayo?

How stupid are the Pacers?

Rush averages one less minute but shoots a higher percentage from the field, from downtown and grabs more boards. The only difference is that Mayo averages .9 more assists and 1.8 more points.

This would have been such a bad trade. I don't know why they were even talking about this.

A lot of people still see a lot of potential in Mayo. I know its crazy but its true. Even I have trouble letting go of what I once used to think would be the next big thing.

A lot of people still see a lot of potential in Mayo. I know its crazy but its true. Even I have trouble letting go of what I once used to think would be the next big thing.

I don't doubt that he could still be a really good player.

I just don't think it would have been the right move for the Pacers. They don't need to be giving up a young big guy or a 1st round pick for another wing player.

I don't doubt that he could still be a really good player.

I just don't think it would have been the right move for the Pacers. They don't need to be giving up a young big guy or a 1st round pick for another wing player.

I really don't think the Grizz need another down low player. Unless they are already preparing because they KNOW Z-Bo is gonna leave. All speculation of course but I don't see him resigning with us.

Looking forward to tonight's game. The Pacers are coming off back to back losses and will be facing an opponent that shares an identical record. Warriors probably had the tougher schedule playing in the West but the Pacers are more than capable of taking them down. Time to get back on track and seal up the final seed. Even if they do it with a losing record.

I'd prefer they get back to .500 but I just want to see them get into the playoffs however they can. Hopefully the trading of Gerald Wallace will take its toll on the Bobcats. They are still only a half game behind.

Pacers were able to gut it out and hold on for the win.

Good job Pacers!

VN Store

Back