The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

Ha. I mean small forward. Is that where you're using him?

If so, I just don't think that has any chance of working at all. He needs to play the 4, and he needs to play with or for somebody who can kick his ass into telling him to staying down there. It's not a coincidence that in his best year in Atlanta, he took nine three pointers. All year.

Oh, 25 _minutes_. I thought Z was joking that Josh was jacking 25 threes up a night. Duh.

Yeah that's not going to work.

Ha. I mean small forward. Is that where you're using him?

If so, I just don't think that has any chance of working at all. He needs to play the 4, and he needs to play with or for somebody who can kick his ass into telling him to staying down there. It's not a coincidence that in his best year in Atlanta, he took nine three pointers. All year.

Yes. He gets 25 a night at the 3.

Our two best players play the 4 and 5. There's nowhere else to put it. I mean, if you are going to burn $54M on somebody, at least do it for someone that can actually play the position at 3.

Oh, 25 _minutes_. I thought Z was joking that Josh was jacking 25 threes up a night. Duh.

Yeah that's not going to work.

Close.

He's averaging 7.2 three pointers a night shooting 27%. I'm not joking.

Yes. He gets 25 a night at the 3.

Our two best players play the 4 and 5. There's nowhere else to put it. I mean, if you are going to burn $54M on somebody, at least do it for someone that can actually play the position at 3.

Have there been any discussions to trade Monroe?

Have there been any discussions to trade Monroe?

Just rumors. He's a restricted FA next year. He wants a max deal. Detroit can afford it. But I have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

Just rumors. He's a restricted FA next year. He wants a max deal. Detroit can afford it. But I have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

Just seems like the logical next step.

If Joe Johnson can be traded anyone can, including Josh. Who backs up Josh at the 3?

Gores (the owner) wanted the playoffs so Dumars had to go out and spend. But I would have done things different.

-Give Tyreke Evans 4/48 and/or used my expirings a to go get Rudy Gay or Danny Granger. I'm not a big fan of those guys but they are a better fit. Sadly, Iguodala wasn't coming here.

-Give Jeff Teague 4/36

-Amnesty Charlie V

-Give Greg the max.

Just seems like the logical next step.

If Joe Johnson can be traded anyone can, including Josh. Who backs up Josh at the 3?

Singler. Who does a solid job.

The issue will be that trading Josh after one more year gives off a bad persona of Detroit for free agents. That if you have one bad year the organization bails on you.

Somebody would take him. But he's not going anywhere for a while.

They will make the playoffs for the next four years but that is it. First and second round exits year after year. Unless Drummond becomes Dwight Howard. He's more likely to be Tyson Chandler.

The problem is the organization was doing everything right and doing the right thing by building through the draft and then Gores lost his patience. We hit 3/4 picks the last four years without a top five pick. We had so many expirings. But we got two players you can't win titles with. No offense, but we basically became the Atlanta Hawks for the next five years. Not mediocre, but no chance at a title. Ugh.

Reactions: 1 person
Gores (the owner) wanted the playoffs so Dumars had to go out and spend. But I would have done things different.

-Give Tyreke Evans 4/48 and/or used my expirings a to go get Rudy Gay or Danny Granger. I'm not a big fan of those guys but they are a better fit. Sadly, Iguodala wasn't coming here.

-Give Jeff Teague 4/36

-Amnesty Charlie V

-Give Greg the max.
Much better than the current outlook.

Much better than the current outlook.

Joe is trying to build a defensive beast reminiscent of the early 2000 teams.

Josh Smith is overrated defensively. Actually, he's flat out bad at the 3.

Singler. Who does a solid job.

The issue will be that trading Josh after one more year gives off a bad persona of Detroit for free agents. That if you have one bad year the organization bails on you.

Somebody would take him. But he's not going anywhere for a while.

They will make the playoffs for the next four years but that is it. First and second round exits year after year. Unless Drummond becomes Dwight Howard. He's more likely to be Tyson Chandler.

The problem is the organization was doing everything right and doing the right thing by building through the draft and then Gores lost his patience. We hit 3/4 picks the last four years without a top five pick. We had so many expirings. But we got two players you can't win titles with. No offense, but we basically became the Atlanta Hawks for the next five years. Not mediocre, but no chance at a title. Ugh.
No offense taken. That was the exact comparison I was thinking of.

I can't believe I have to deal with Josh Smith for four years.

What a joke tonight. A pure, embarrassing joke. 5-16 shooting while Paul George owned his ass. Jennings goes 6-20 and goes ball hog, and Monroe only gets 10 shots.

All while Will Bynum gets 27 minutes compared to 4 for KCP.

Ugh.

He's so cold in the D!

1) I really like what Brandon Jennings has brought. He's attacking the rim and not settling for jumpers, and he's giving the team the pick-n-roll option they need that Knight could not.

2) Josh Smith is killing this team's offensive spacing. He's 11-38 from 3. In six games, he's had four bad ones.

3) Mo Cheeks' defense is straight out bad. Just awful. They can't defensively rotate, Jennings can't keep guys in front of him, Smith can't guard the 3. We have no backup 4 that can play defense. It's just bad.

4) Rodney Stuckey is having a really nice season though. Had a bad game tonight though. Really hurt us.

5) No KCP. Will Bynum continues to get 20-25 minutes per night. Just idiotic.

6) Andre Drummond played 42 minutes during game one of a back to back. What the **** is Cheeks thinking?

7) Monroe should be getting 20 shots a night. Easy. He should option #1, but that require Cheeks to know what the **** he's doing.

Pistons were a fun team to watch last night. They look like a team starting to gel.

Josh Smith is taking 5.8 three's a game shooting 28% from downtown. He's shooting less 2's, his rebounding is down, his defense is shoddy, his assists are down, and his turnovers are up.

This was my nightmare.

Rockets: Josh Smith

Pelicans: Omer Asik

Pistons: Ryan Anderson

Let's do the right thing for everyone here.

bunk-the-wire.gif

VN Store

Back