The Official Detroit Lions Den Thread

What were the crazy plays? All I saw was ineffective play. That pass that bounced of the defender face mask was simply him not having the skill to make a simple catch. The sideline toe touch pass was simply the defender not able to make an easy uncontested tackle on Purdy. The punt coverage team not able to control their speed and down the ball at the 1. And Campbell made three 50-50 decisions, not two. The first one actually worked out. He successfully kicked a field goal to go up 24-7. The truth is the Lions roster is not skilled enough to sustain a full game against a really good team. Neither is the coach.
This isn’t college. There isn’t some sort of huge talent gap where one team can just show up and win against 3/4 of the league. The Niners may be the best team in the league this year but it’s by a millimeter, not a mile. Margins are razor thin.

Anytime you blow a 3 score halftime lead in the National Football League, it’s more about what you did than what your opponent did. Detroit lost that game way more than San Francisco won it.

Last edited:
I’ve entered my denial stage and am now convinced they were gonna fall OPI on Aiyuk and changed it after he caught because it was such a cool play

Reactions: Chippo and MAD
Just looked through the play by play. Ben got too much away from the run. On the two missed fourth downs in the second half, 7/8 plays were pass and started with an incomplete pass on first down

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
You could tell after that fumble man.
It was 100% on the Bama guy. I agree.

Maybe if Saban hadn't tampered and taken him in the portal (that Saban lies that he hates), Gibbs would have been better prepared by Georgia Tech and the Lions would have won. 😂 It's not unlikely that when Gibbs heard "49ers" he had a 52-49 flashback, got the butter fingers, and lost the big game. Maybe Hooker can help him get better prepared in the off-season.

Last edited:
I know Sutton was bad the second half and the CB room has got to improve. But the Lions should have $60M in cap space and they need to go get a Brian Burns, Josh Allen or Danielle Hunter. They got nothing from the edge in pass rush this year after Hutch. I’d focused on DL in free agency and then upgrade the backend in the draft

Not going to watch the super bowl not so
Much because of the Lions 2 nd half implosion.
Don't particularly care for the 2 other teams.
The Lions fiasco reminds me of the Atlanta
Falcons 2 nd half implosion against the NE
Patriots in the Superbowl

VN Store

Back