The Official Detroit Lions Den Thread

Sucks to lose a game you guys probably should have won. Still a great season and one to build on.

Don't understand all the FG controversy though. If Detroit had executed, they would have converted both. First one, dropped pass. Second one, Goff misses an open receiver (there were two open; Reynolds was by himself in the middle of the field). Just because the Lions didn't convert doesn't mean they were bad coaching decisions.

I truly hate it for Lions fans. That was an absolute choke job from MCDC. The receivers absolutely choked in the second half by dropping balls. There were also several crazy plays that could have easily gone the Lions way, but didn't, and sealed their fate. This was almost as bad as the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Lion's fans deserved so much better.

Reactions: Chippo and MAD
Hate it for all you Lions fans, I was really hoping they would win tonight. At least you all got to enjoy one of the best seasons the Lions have had in years.

Reactions: MAD
I truly hate it for Lions fans. That was an absolute choke job from MCDC. The receivers absolutely choked in the second half by dropping balls. There were also several crazy plays that could have easily gone the Lions way, but didn't, and sealed their fate. This was almost as bad as the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Lion's fans deserved so much better.
What were the crazy plays? All I saw was ineffective play. That pass that bounced of the defender face mask was simply him not having the skill to make a simple catch. The sideline toe touch pass was simply the defender not able to make an easy uncontested tackle on Purdy. The punt coverage team not able to control their speed and down the ball at the 1. And Campbell made three 50-50 decisions, not two. The first one actually worked out. He successfully kicked a field goal to go up 24-7. The truth is the Lions roster is not skilled enough to sustain a full game against a really good team. Neither is the coach.

VN Store

Back