The Official Chicago Cubby Bears Thread

Says a guy whose probably never been.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Damn pookie, what crawled up your ass?

I've been multiple times. Arlington Stadium is my first cognizant memory, so the Rangers will always have a place in my heart, but I've never had a better time at a sporting event than I've had at Cubs games.

It damned sure isn't baseball. It's a dump for losers.
Only to those who spend most of their time being angry about things.

Damn pookie, what crawled up your ass?

I've been multiple times. Arlington Stadium is my first cognizant memory, so the Rangers will always have a place in my heart, but I've never had a better time at a sporting event than I've had at Cubs games.

Only to those who spend most of their time being angry about things.

I'm not angry at all. Some can't differentiate between reality and anger. I've been to the cub dump several dozen times. Most of the baseball fans I meet in Chicago that actually know baseball are south siders. Most people in Chicago who wear cubs caps couldn't tell you the name of the starting 1st baseman much less the line up. It's a tourist trap plain and simple. The fans for the most part couldn't care less if they win or not.

The fans for the most part couldn't care less if they win or not.

You kinda have to adopt that mentality after a century of not winning anything. What you're really mad about is you don't get to have any fun, because you're a bitter, angry, damaged person.

You kinda have to adopt that mentality after a century of not winning anything. What you're really mad about is you don't get to have any fun, because you're a bitter, angry, damaged person.

Well thank you Fraiser Crane. My point stands. We have a BLAST in Stl and win. Y'all suck but have fun. In other words you're Old Miss of MLB.

The reality is this. The stadium sucks, the fans suck and their beer (Old Style) sucks and the ownership sucks. Cub fans get exactly what they deserve. A century of being losers.

I'm not sure where this envy is coming from. You must live in Chicago, down south in the ghetto, huh?

That's the only place you see this kind of misguided, irrational hatred from. White Sox fans that are envious that, despite the Sox winning more recently than the Cubs, the Cubby Bears are still a much more nationally beloved franchise.

That's the only place you see this kind of misguided, irrational hatred from. White Sox fans that are envious that, despite the Sox winning more recently than the Cubs, the Cubby Bears are still a much more nationally beloved franchise.

I'm a season ticket Cards fan and have been for years. People across the nation laugh at the cubs when talking baseball. Drinking and bar hopping is a different story. It's a good place for before and after the game. But most people I've met in the Windy city wearing a cubs cap couldn't tell you much about the team but they all brag about the party. Thus my comparison to Old Miss. They feel the same way about football.

Milo, I know you're a Cub fan but you're also a Mod and have an obligation. You move threads all the time that are in the wrong forum.
That being said you should do your job and move all Cub threads to the pub. Cubs fans don't deserve to have a thread in the baseball forum. They just don't belong.

3epz.jpg

Milo, I know you're a Cub fan but you're also a Mod and have an obligation. You move threads all the time that are in the wrong forum.
That being said you should do your job and move all Cub threads to the pub. Cubs fans don't deserve to have a thread in the baseball forum. They just don't belong.

947.gif

I like Milo and GA..that might be where the line is though.

Edit: I haven't had any interaction with many of them though.

Last edited:
TBrown with the ass saving edit!

Haha there is one I don't like and one I could take or leave.. After I hit submit though I realized I'm sure there are way more than four mods.

Edit: I also spend 99% of my VN time on my phone..which doesn't tell me who is/is my a mod anyway. (Have I sufficiently covered myself yet?)

Last edited:
I'm a season ticket Cards fan and have been for years. People across the nation laugh at the cubs when talking baseball. Drinking and bar hopping is a different story. It's a good place for before and after the game. But most people I've met in the Windy city wearing a cubs cap couldn't tell you much about the team but they all brag about the party. Thus my comparison to Old Miss. They feel the same way about football.

You need a hug or a role model, something. You sound like a psycho.

VN Store

Back