The Official Charlotte Hornets Thread

Now if only he can add the Everton one I requested. I posted a pic of it, but I probably didn't post the right type of file. Apparently it's got to be a pretty specific thing to make it work.

Gif I believe. That's what part of the issue was with the 18 icon.

Hornets are bringing in PJ Hairston for a workout on June 4th. Don't like him at 9, but at 24, I think he could be the steal of the draft. He's been lighting it up in the NBDL and appears to have changed his ways a bit since the UNC dismissal.

If, and this is a huge if, Kevin Love would agree to a long term sign and trade deal with the Hornets, you deal those two picks to get it done.

Last edited:
Hornets are bringing in PJ Hairston for a workout on June 4th. Don't like him at 9, but at 24, I think he could be the steal of the draft. He's been lighting it up in the NBDL and appears to have changed his ways a bit since the UNC dismissal.

If, and this is a huge if, Kevin Love would agree to a long term sign and trade deal with the Hornets, you deal those two picks to get it done.
If my Thunder passes up Shabazz Napier with the 21st pick I'd like to see the Hornett's pick him and up and see Kemba and him in a lineup together.

I'm hoping Charlotte can get Nik Stauskas at 9. He'd be a perfect fit at SG beside Kemba and MKG. Lights out shooter who can also be a secondary ball handler.

At 24, you've got to go best player available, but if possible I'd like to get a PF to provide depth.

I'm hoping Charlotte can get Nik Stauskas at 9. He'd be a perfect fit at SG beside Kemba and MKG. Lights out shooter who can also be a secondary ball handler.

At 24, you've got to go best player available, but if possible I'd like to get a PF to provide depth.

Stauskas at 9 and Hairston at 24 :drool:

IMO, our bigs are okay at present with Big Al and McBob. We need more guys who can light it up.

Last edited:
Stauskas at 9 and Hairston at 24 :drool:

IMO, our bigs are okay at present with Big Al and McBob. We need more guys who can light it up.

I'd like to see someone brought in to push McBob and Zeller. McBob is a role player and Zeller has yet to prove anything. So I'd like to see a PF, either at 24 or in free agency, brought in to compete.

I certainly couldn't argue with Hairston at 24. That's great value for him.

Reactions: 1 person
They need a SG and a big that can play the high post on offense and be a defensive anchor.

I wouldn't mind trading the 9, 24 and Henderson for Afflalo and the 12th.

What about the 9, 24, Henderson, and Zeller for Afflalo and Monroe? I read a scenario somewhere that was very similar to that. I don't remember everything going to Detroit, but I do know it was Afflalo and Monroe to Charlotte.

Also, someone needs to take John Henson off of Milwaukee's hands. He just needs an opportunity somewhere.

What about the 9, 24, Henderson, and Zeller for Afflalo and Monroe? I read a scenario somewhere that was very similar to that. I don't remember everything going to Detroit, but I do know it was Afflalo and Monroe to Charlotte.

Also, someone needs to take John Henson off of Milwaukee's hands. He just needs an opportunity somewhere.

I'm not that high on Monroe and I haven't given up on Zeller just yet.

I'd prefer to trade for Afflalo then use the 12th on someone like Adrian Payne (or Aaron Gordon if he fell). Or, use the 12 on a backup SG/PG and sign a big in free agency.

And I'm not against re-signing McBob but I'd much prefer to upgrade that position.

Last edited:
I really don't want to see Monroe in Charlotte. He'll want way too much money, his offense is overrated, and him beside Al would make the worst defensive front court in the NBA.

Agree about Henson, he is getting the Tobias treatment.

I'd be fine with McDermott. Worst case, he's a knock down shooter in the league for the next 10 years, which is exactly what this team needs. Best case, he can create his own shot at the NBA level and be a special scorer. I prefer Stauskas with our pick just because he is just as good of a shooter, but a better ball handler and passer. But I'd be fine with McDermott.

I'd be fine with McDermott. Worst case, he's a knock down shooter in the league for the next 10 years, which is exactly what this team needs. Best case, he can create his own shot at the NBA level and be a special scorer. I prefer Stauskas with our pick just because he is just as good of a shooter, but a better ball handler and passer. But I'd be fine with McDermott.

This is pretty much how I feel. Although, if anyone who is considered a top-8 pick drops, because those guys are considered the elite tier, then we should immeadiately draft that person. (And it'll happen. Someone will fall.)

Honestly, if we're just going to draft a jump shooter then I see no reason not to move back a little and build assets. Shooters are everywhere in the NBA.

VN Store

Back