The Official Boston Red Sox Thread

Back in 2004, when the Sox red-faced the Yanks BIG TIME, I made a spoof of New York, New York called "THE YANKEES SUCK". Who here wants to see it???

I have to go find it in my email files.

Know what they play when the Yanks win a game, well here's the paraody to "New York New York" called "The Yankees Suck". This was made after the Sox beat the Yanks by winning four straught after down 3-0 in the ALCS. ENJOY :)

YANKEES SUCK 2004

Start spreading the news
The Boss is totally seeing red
The pinstripes blew it because
THE YANKEES SUCK

The offense fell apart
The pitching went as well
Mariano lost it all because
THE YANKEES SUCK

Deny it while you can because the Yankees choked it up
They blew it big
They fell asleep
Three games down the drain

Start spreading the news
The fans are feeling blue
They are crying like babies
THE YANKEES SUCK

Joe Torre is in shock
Cashman is maxed out
There is no more who's daddy
THE YANKEES SUCK

Sheffield is............out of roids
and Brown can.......pack his bags
What a collapse cause

THE YANKEES SUCK

YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not understanding all of the excitement about Daisuke, i just can't see him getting by as other than a #5.

The great statistical 2008 year had a boatload of luck involved. Lots of pitches, and he averaged under 6 innings per start, and gave a Sox fan "train wreck" moments just about every time out.

He got some timely outs, and to his credit, didnt get flustered when facing the heart of the order after walking the Tony Penas and Spike Owens of the world on 15 pitches a piece.

Salary issues and service time will prevent it, but i would feel more comfortable with
Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Bucholz, Wake, than i would with Daisuke in the mix.

Expectation were way too high, he is better than a #5 though, that is absurd. Beckett is the ace of the staff...Lester will contend for that spot in the coming years...Lackey is a solid #3 and a very good #4...Wake is Wake...when it's floating he is pretty dominant, on the flip side, it can be like tossing a beach ball too.

I think Clay has a ton of upside, I would like to see him be a spot starter still, Dice has the pitches, he just doesn't have very good command or a killer instinct. I figured by now he would be acclimated to the American game...2008 was a farce for sure but I would take his ability over just about any other #3 starter in the show.

Expectation were way too high, he is better than a #5 though, that is absurd. Beckett is the ace of the staff...Lester will contend for that spot in the coming years...Lackey is a solid #3 and a very good #4...Wake is Wake...when it's floating he is pretty dominant, on the flip side, it can be like tossing a beach ball too.

I think Clay has a ton of upside, I would like to see him be a spot starter still, Dice has the pitches, he just doesn't have very good command or a killer instinct. I figured by now he would be acclimated to the American game...2008 was a farce for sure but I would take his ability over just about any other #3 starter in the show.

I'm honestly surprised Daisuke has done as well as he has despite having terrible command.

He's skating along that fine line between effectively wild and just flat out wild.

That will eventually catch up to you, especially in the AL East.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm honestly surprised Daisuke has done as well as he has despite having terrible command.

He's skating along that fine line between effectively wild and just flat out wild.

That will eventually catch up to you, especially in the AL East.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe a lack of confidence?

If he could get his command in order he could be a very good pitcher, I don't think that he will ever be a #1, be he could be a very good #2.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe a lack of confidence?

If he could get his command in order he could be a very good pitcher, I don't think that he will ever be a #1, be he could be a very good #2.

Some guys just don't have it when it comes to command.

I think if he's ever a #2, then the 3-5 men are at a level of suck reserved for Expansion Teams.

Dice K makes me more mad than most pitchers every possibly could. It is impressive that sometimes his stuff can get him out of a bases loaded jam with nobody out, but it's pathetic that he caused that himself with two walks and just pitching poorly. Expectations were for him to be unhittable, and sox fans were convinced he would be... but not quite. He has good stuff at times, but it bothers me saying that, cause the 'best pitch' is strike one in a lotta cases.

He won't ever be an ace. Unless it's for a team with an awful staff, plus he improves. Worst contract in the majors...?

Dice K makes me more mad than most pitchers every possibly could. It is impressive that sometimes his stuff can get him out of a bases loaded jam with nobody out, but it's pathetic that he caused that himself with two walks and just pitching poorly. Expectations were for him to be unhittable, and sox fans were convinced he would be... but not quite. He has good stuff at times, but it bothers me saying that, cause the 'best pitch' is strike one in a lotta cases.

He won't ever be an ace. Unless it's for a team with an awful staff, plus he improves. Worst contract in the majors...?

Not the worst contract in the majors...not even close.

Me too, I'm glad they pulled him from SS, he could have played there but it may have been a few more years before he got called up, as a SP he could be up sooner than later.

John Lackey went to work today.

Two perfect innings vs Twins.

boston_a_lackey_200.jpg

Last edited:
One of the former Red Sox icons of the 90's going into the 2000's just hung it up as Nomar Garciaparra pulled the NFL route of the one-day contract by retiring as a Red Sox. Nomar was grateful of what Red Sox nation meant to him. He will move on as part of ESPN's baseball team. Someone should have told him that all the hardcore baseball fans are moving to the MLB Network. He would be great as part of the MLB Tonight studio team.

BZh3SoMj.jpg

Last edited:
One of the former Red Sox icons of the 90's going into the 2000's just hung it up as Nomar Garciaparra pulled the NFL route of the one-day contract by retiring as a Red Sox. Nomar was grateful of what Red Sox nation meant to him. He will move on as part of ESPN's baseball team. Someone should have told him that all the hardcore baseball fans are moving to the MLB Network. He would be great as part of the MLB Tonight studio team.

BZh3SoMj.jpg

His nose was seen taking grounders....stay tuned.

Sox acquired Kevin Frandsen from the Giants.

Josh Beckett starting against the Yanks.

Sox agree to terms on lefty Scott Schoeneweis.

Buchholz looked great today, at this point, I'd rather have him in the rotation instead of Dice-K.

VN Store

Back