The Official Boston Red Sox Thread

That would make me sick...if a guy can't tell me who Bobby Doer is I know where he stands.

The true litmus test on a Sox fan is to bring up Bucky Dent.

If you don't have a drink or a punch thrown in your direction, they are not a fan.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The true litmus test on a Sox fan is to bring up Bucky Dent.

If you don't have a drink or a punch thrown in your direction, they are not a fan.

That or the 1st baseman who, will remain nameless, for letting a ball go through his legs.

so, tit for tat........how long have you been a fan since it seems like such a concern for you?

True story about a BoSox fan.

My wife tells me after we're married, she once dated a guy from Boston for all of two weeks. She says it was during that time his grandpa died and he was going back to Boston to the funeral. She said he told her how sad he was that his grandad never got to see the Sox win the World Series. Thats what he was most upset about.

I'll say this for Bosox fans, they're a loyal bunch. Probablly the most loyal with the exception of Cubs and Cards fans.

That or the 1st baseman who, will remain nameless, for letting a ball go through his legs.

I've had many conversations with Dale Ford who was the Home Plate Umpire that night.

True story about a BoSox fan.

My wife tells me after we're married, she once dated a guy from Boston for all of two weeks. She says it was during that time his grandpa died and he was going back to Boston to the funeral. She said he told her how sad he was that his grandad never got to see the Sox win the World Series. Thats what he was most upset about.

I'll say this for Bosox fans, they're a loyal bunch. Probablly the most loyal with the exception of Cubs and Cards fans.

As much as I despise Bill Simmons, that is something he has brought up often. Is after the WS victory, there were many people very bittersweet because many of their Fathers and Grandfathers had waited for it. Makes you think.

With that said, I feel nasty for even feeling a bit of concern.

so, tit for tat........how long have you been a fan since it seems like such a concern for you?

It's not the longevity of your fanhood that I'm concerned with, most Yankee fans that I have encountered became fans in the mid to late nineties or just recently.

Not a lifelong fan, not going to lie...didn't have a team for a long time, just liked certain players and wanted to see them do well.

But to answer your question...since '95.

As much as I despise Bill Simmons, that is something he has brought up often. Is after the WS victory, there were many people very bittersweet because many of their Fathers and Grandfathers had waited for it. Makes you think.

With that said, I feel nasty for even feeling a bit of concern.

That season was amazing...I still have a hard time believing that we came from down 0-3 to win the ALCS...especially against the Yanks. Plus game 3 was such a blowout, how could anyone recover from that...it was pure magic...never forget as long as I live.

that was the worst. how do you blow a 3-0 lead? ugh, still sick about that one. turned on espn classic a little while ago because I saw they were playing a yanks-sux alcs game and then realized which game it was. needless to say, the channel was turned rather quickly.

That season was amazing...I still have a hard time believing that we came from down 0-3 to win the ALCS...especially against the Yanks. Plus game 3 was such a blowout, how could anyone recover from that...it was pure magic...never forget as long as I live.

That NY team had some guys that thought they could keep it on cruise control, and it bit them in the ass. Hard.

My cousin said he won unfair amounts of money off of yankees fans in pool, and then completely reversed it to winning money off of overjoyed sox fans after they won the series.

ArodPurse.jpg

Give us some credit though, we never gave up and made the plays that needed to be made to win.

that is something that gets lost in all of this. the Yanks get railed for losing 4 straight more often than the sux get credit for winning thos games.

Give us some credit though, we never gave up and made the plays that needed to be made to win.

I'll give you all the credit in the world.

But it should not have went down that way. It may have still turned out 4-3 in the Sox favor, but the manner at which it happened was inexcusable.

I'll give you all the credit in the world.

But it should not have went down that way. It may have still turned out 4-3 in the Sox favor, but the manner at which it happened was inexcusable.

I can see where your coming from there...

Boone knew it too. Dude went straight up with the arms as soon as he hit it. Crank up the bus, and the Sinatra baby.

VN Store

Back