The Official Boston Red Sox Thread

so why begrudge anyone that spends the money they have to get better. if you got it, use it, right?

When there is no salary cap, I guess your right...hopefully one day there will be one.

Don't see it happening though.

I guess I'll address your obvious question then, but I dont know why its this important to you. I've been a fan for roughly 22 years. My dad was a huge fan and went to see Mickey hit one out in the Astrodome the year it opened. Thats how I got started.

There, now we can get back to what's important.

27 and counting.

Typical Yankee fan.

I guess I'll address your obvious question then, but I dont know why its this important to you. I've been a fan for roughly 22 years. My dad was a huge fan and went to see Mickey hit one out in the Astrodome the year it opened. Thats how I got started.

There, no we can get back to what's important.

27 and counting.

to this point....I was probably a bigger fan back in the day when they weren't winning everything. Don Mattingly was and still is my favorite player of all time.

Yankee fan base is made up of mostly fairweather/bandwagon...most have nothing better to say than 27 and counting.

reminds me of the Bama fans.

The fairweather/bandwagon fans is partly to blame why I dislike the Yanks. I do realize there are plenty of legit Yankees fans out there but a vast majority of them are fairweathered fans.

Its all good man, I dont know why this is bothering you. I'll drop it as long as you dont go all "Good Will Hunting" on me and tell me how "Dis is da Bo Sauwks yeahaa cuz those kids play wick-ed haaawd."

I'll even concede that I was kinda glad when they won their first one. It was about time.

Its all in good fun man, really it is.

Its all good man, I dont know why this is bothering you. I'll drop it as long as you dont go all "Good Will Hunting" on me and tell me how "Dis is da Bo Sauwks yeahaa cuz those kids play wick-ed haaawd."

I'll even concede that I was kinda glad when they won their first one. It was about time.

yea, you woulda thought that would shut them up for a while.........:)

What took you guys so long? Don't worry, you guys will soon have a neutral playing thread soon talking about the AL EAST

I loved Rickey too. I was also a fan of Pags and he is probably the reason I played 3rd base.

reminds me of the Bama fans.

The fairweather/bandwagon fans is partly to blame why I dislike the Yanks. I do realize there are plenty of legit Yankees fans out there but a vast majority of them are fairweathered fans.

Agreed, I can't hate on somebody who is a true fan...I've just met very few who were.

First one? Just how old are you?

to this point....I was probably a bigger fan back in the day when they weren't winning everything. Don Mattingly was and still is my favorite player of all time.

I would run through a brick wall for Donnie Baseball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When a typical Sox fan says... "I really started watching them after that Jimmy Fallon Movie, 'Fever Pitch', I even got my wife a pink Sox hat."

Dumbest thing I have ever heard...if a dumb movie like Fever Pitch made anyone a fan, they should be stripped of their eyesight.

Seriously starting to wonder if I'm the only Sox fan on here...I knew Yankee fans would come and give their 2 cent worth, didn't know I would be the only Sox fan here...par for the course when your a Sox fan.

I realize that many fairweather fans are on both sides, but that doesn't change the fact that I despise everything related to the Sox and also any sport that involves the city of Boston.

And if I see them, I call them out. Much in the same way I will call out a Yankees fan who just happens to say he likes the Yanks because Jay-Z wears a hat.

Seriously starting to wonder if I'm the only Sox fan on here...I knew Yankee fans would come and give their 2 cent worth, didn't know I would be the only Sox fan here...par for the course when your a Sox fan.

They are here.

Don't get excited about having a historical debate prior to 2004, though. It's not gonna happen.

I realize that many fairweather fans are on both sides, but that doesn't change the fact that I despise everything related to the Sox and also any sport that involves the city of Boston.

And if I see them, I call them out. Much in the same way I will call out a Yankees fan who just happens to say he likes the Yanks because Jay-Z wears a hat.

Funny thing is I hate the Celtics and the Pats...I love the Sox though.

VN Store

Back