The Official #9 Tennessee @ #8 Texas A&M Game Thread, 3:30 pm ET, CBS

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#9 Tennessee Volunteers: 5-0 (2-0 SEC)

9582132-dominick-sanders-ncaa-football-tennessee-georgia.jpg

@

#8 Texas A&M Aggies: 5-0 (3-0 SEC)

1475376792-Texas-AM-South-Carolina.jpg

3:30 PM ET, October 8, 2016
Kyle Field (102,733), College Station, TX

Weather: 85 degrees / Precip: 5%
Line: UT +7
O/U: 58

TV: CBS
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 84 // XM Ch. 84
Online:

12143593.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee's Hail Mary victory over Georgia last Saturday pushed the Vols' winning streak to 11 games dating to the 2015 season--the second-longest active streak in FBS.

It is the longest UT win streak since the Vols won 14 in a row, spanning a 13-0 1998 season to a victorious first game in 1999.

A win Saturday at Texas A&M would tie the Vols for the fourth-longest win streak in program history.

Reactions: 1 person
• No. 9 Tennessee, 5-0 for the first time since 1998, goes on the road to face No. 8 Texas A&M, which has started 5-0 for the third consecutive season.
• Tennessee is seeking victories against ranked opponents in three consecutive weeks for the first time since 1991.
• The Vols are also chasing road wins on consecutive Saturdays for the first time since 2006.

Sophomore WR Jauan Jennings has delivered a signature fourth-quarter touchdown in each of UT's last two wins.

Jennings finished with a career-best 111 receiving yards in the win vs. Florida, scoring the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter on a 67-yard touchdown strike.

The Murfreesboro native then played hero in last week's improbable win at Georgia, hauling in a 43-yard Hail Mary as time expired.

Reactions: 2 people
With ESPN College GameDay broadcasting live from College Station on Saturday, Tennessee is appearing on the famed pregame show for the third time this season and for the 21st time overall.

The Vols are appearing on the show for the third time in the last five weeks. The 2016 Tennessee team joins Ohio State in 1996, Florida in 1997, Michigan in 1997, Oklahoma in 2000, Oklahoma in 2001, Ohio State in 2006 and Texas in 2008 as programs to have appeared on the show three times in five regular season weeks or fewer.

In 20 all-time appearances on College GameDay, the Vols are 9-11 and 4-3 as a true visiting team.

In 2016, Tennessee has found itself trailing by double digits in four of its five games. The Vols are 4-0 in those games.

In total, the Vols have erased 65 points worth of deficits this season.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Tennessee lost two games last season in which its win probability reached at least 90 percent. With last Saturday's comeback win at Georgia, the Volunteers now have three wins this season in which their win probability fell below 10 percent.

Tennessee will need to play this game the way they played Miami in 03'. This is the hardest stretch I have ever seen for a football team. Back to back road games and the number 1 team following the number 8 team. crazy

ESPN's FPI has us at a 31.2% chance of winning

Tennessee will need to play this game the way they played Miami in 03'. This is the hardest stretch I have ever seen for a football team. Back to back road games and the number 1 team following the number 8 team. crazy

I think in Dooley era we had like 6 ranked teams in a row or Something crazy. Obviously he wasn't up to the task. Butch may be going into these last 2 contest with limited bullets. But already has 2 big kills so house money.

We can only cross our fingers and hope for the Best! I want our coaches to Earn that money tomorrow and has Team 120 ready to kick some Booty!

Go Vols!

Should be a very physical and great game between two excellent teams and storied programs! Great to see UT "back." Would be cool if they dedicate game in honor of Gen. Neyland. Looking forward to this game. Hopefully no injuries. I expect Vols will play the full four-quarter game everyone's been waiting to see. I expect Aggies to do the same. Great matchup. I think team that makes fewest costly mistakes wins it.

Last edited:
a@m will fold! They will wear down and Tennessee is only getting better under pressure and we about to let that Diamond Shine ! Trial by fire but only A@m will burn and the world will learn !

Bring you big boys pants and put on your man shirts as this game is not going to be for the weak! Expect a physical game from both teams!

This is gonna be a hard-fought contest. I'm fully expecting another day of emotional tumult. Then again, maybe that's why we all love our Vols so much.

Despite the inevitable ups and downs / screaming at my stream, UT comes away with a win.

6-0.

#WGWTFA

VN Store

Back