The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Guys, we dodged a bunch of bulllets in the first half. The score could easily be 35-14. They get the ball first in the second half and we have to improve on both sides of the ball. We can do it, but we need clean it up.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Like all of our fans, I want Milton to succeed, but this last sequence is a great example of why I just don’t think he will ever be great. He just doesn’t keep the change moving. Those third and intermediate plays have to be converted. He hast to take a little something off and throw an Acura pass and if he’s not 100% certain he can complete the past she needs to pull the ball down and run it. We almost never see him run. A huge percentage of hookers runs would come on third down and he’d keep the chains moving.
[/COLOR]

This. Joe is too erratic and inconsistent. When he’s on, he’s scary good. When he’s off, it’s painfully bad to watch. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck.

I'm pulling for Milton. I would love to see him show some consistent accuracy. Watching him throw it a mile is cool but if it ends up incomplete, it's just another loss of down.
Fair point but he did complete 72% of his passes in the first half. Hooker completed 69.6% this year as a comparison. Clemson D also has a lot of future pros. Some people on here are acting like Milton is having a horrible game which is ridiculous. Not you but a lot of other posters are never going to give him a chance.

VN Store

Back