The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

I agree. I like Bruce so long as we aren’t playing Auburn. He brought Tennessee basketball back to relevance, got us to our first elite 8, got us our first number 1 ranking and was ultimately fired for something that is completely legal to do in the current college sports landscape. No hate for the guy at all.

Although I thought the petition to bring him back was kinda classless.
No “kinda “, it was classless.

Damn, I love Bruce."How bout them Vols"
Yeah after hearing his comments tonight giving props to the Lady Vols and CRB, I can’t say anything bad about the guy. Really cool exchange between him and Candace, and she’s right; he elevated the expectations for what the men’s bball program could be. Hard to see us ending up with a hall of fame coach in Barnes without that.

I think Pearl maybe reminded everyone of what the MBB at UT was capable of. But I agree that there was a slump after that (especially with the DT hire) that required a lot of ground work from Rick Barnes to build back up.

No doubt Barnes inherited a rebuild after Cuonzo and Tyndall. But Bruce Pearl is the reason fans were so restless in the Cuonzo, Tyndall, and first few years of Barnes’ tenure.

Yeah after hearing his comments tonight giving props to the Lady Vols and CRB, I can’t say anything bad about the guy. Really cool exchange between him and Candace, and she’s right; he elevated the expectations for what the men’s bball program could be. Hard to see us ending up with a hall of fame coach in Barnes without that.
We can all say bad things about Steven though

VN Store

Back