The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Hopefully Purdue doesn’t shoot 48 FTs again, I like our chances.

Get rest and we need everyone to bring their A game.

Huge team win tonight, no one played badly. JJJ had a huge night, DK and ZZ scoring and dishing. Mashack doing everything and Awaka playing grown man ball. Even Gainey & Carr got some buckets when they were needed.

Yeah after hearing his comments tonight giving props to the Lady Vols and CRB, I can’t say anything bad about the guy. Really cool exchange between him and Candace, and she’s right; he elevated the expectations for what the men’s bball program could be. Hard to see us ending up with a hall of fame coach in Barnes without that.
I thought he was gonna cry for a second.

I dont think anyone is stopping Edey but I would expect their game plan to suit Aidoo better.

Aidoo has the length to affect Edey if he can bow up and keep him from getting position too low consistently. Awaka has the strength to push Edey out further but lacks the height. Estrella might be pretty effective as he is stronger than Aidoo and longer than Awaka.

Only lost by 4 to them in Hawaii. What I think is different versus the Maui Classic is that DK wasn’t fully integrated yet and ZZ was on minutes restriction from the knee recovery and you could tell he was rusty. Purdue is going to get our best shot. Edey will get his but the key will be to limit the others.
They shot over 40 free throws in Maui. If we get jobbed like that again then we lose.

Reactions: minorvol
I agree. I like Bruce so long as we aren’t playing Auburn. He brought Tennessee basketball back to relevance, got us to our first elite 8, got us our first number 1 ranking and was ultimately fired for something that is completely legal to do in the current college sports landscape. No hate for the guy at all.

Although I thought the petition to bring him back was kinda classless.

I'm with ya on that. Bruce getting up on that railing in front of the students who'd waited for two days to get tickets, yelling "We are your team, I am your coach - and we are going to KICK FLORIDA'S ASS!" was it for me. Unranked, taking on #2 Florida, and the man called his shot. I don't think I could ever hate Pearl after that.

Everything's moved on, to be clear. But he gave us something special back then and it changed the course of the Tennessee men's basketball program.

VN Store

Back