The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Sorry, but you’re dreaming here. Aidoo’s got nothing to defend Edey with. He’s 5 inches shorter and what seems to be 75 pounds lighter.

He had some success with his reach in the first meeting. It's getting pushed under the basket that makes Aidoo a bad fit to guard Edey without help.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Since I can't sleep.... Reposting from the Recruiting forum with some add ons..

Barnes beating an excellent Creighton coach at chess with 7 regular players.

Everyone contributed

When Mashack was on the floor, Creighton seldom could get past half court.

The insane 18 point scoring tear.

Knecht fake out (pretending he didn't tip the ball) after the obvious foul on Tobe that wasn't called.

The fact that Vescovi didn't play and is well rested. (just hope the rest of them stay healthy)

Did ZZ ever get to sit down except for those long commercials and half time?

Tobe Awaka!! Barnes saw he was the better player last night and left him in the game.

Carr coming in and hitting that three when we were in foul trouble.

Our team is in such good shape physically. No panting/bending over/hands on hips--and still play that intense defense.

Our fans showed up in Detroit!!

The show afterwards with Candace, Pearl, and Wright. CBS outdid themselves there.

Purdue may beat us, but we are in better shape, if their game befoe is any indication.

Elite 8. Come on VOLS.

Last edited:
Liked what I saw from Carr and Dilione. Gave us a couple quality minutes and the moment/level of play did not look too big for them at all. Nice 3 from Carr when we needed one, a beautiful drive and dish to knecht for 3 by Dilione and some hounding defense

They looked big out there, scrawny freshmen, but big. Staff will take care of the scrawny this offseason

He had some success with his reach in the first meeting. It's getting pushed under the basket that makes Aidoo a bad fit to guard Edey without help.

The thing is, nobody can guard Edey.

He is a human cheat code.

The strategy will be just like coach Wright explained. Ball pressure so that it’s very difficult for him to get the ball in the post in the first place.

Loyer is really the one that killed us in Maui. Had like 28 points I think. We have to disrupt their guards just like we did tonight and make it more difficult to get the ball into Edey. Jay Wright noted they almost always enter it from the wing on the right side and he said TN has the ability to disrupt that.
Exactly. Edey will get his and there’s not much we can do about that. We can’t let the other guys go off on us again though. Edey will score and they will shoot 2 times the FTs we will. Everyone better be prepared for that. Keep everyone else under 15 and we win.

Defense started it but James was the one that kickstarted it. He hit an eight-foot turnaround that gave Tennessee a two point lead. Fifty seconds later, Tobe Awaka left Ryan Kalkbrenner to close out on Baylor Scheierman after the Creighton star shook free from Dalton Knecht.

Reactions: DC_Vol
Creighton shot 47.8% from 3 and we still whipped that azz
That’s because we stayed with them on shooting. We beat Texas with hard nosed D. We really won this game by taking better shots. Yes, we played solid D too but Creighton is a very good shooting team and they shot well above their season average on 3. Offense carried us a little more today and that’s why we’re still dancing. We’re versatile and can beat teams in multiple ways. Purdue is a different animal of course but we easily could’ve beaten them earlier and we will this time!

Twi things about the Purdue game in Maui

First Zeigler wasn't near 100% yet. Second, that was one of the most over officiated games I've ever seen.

Tennessee may match up pretty well

Reactions: gainesvol82
Been wanting revenge on Purdue all year. Will be a great match up. Need the best from Knect.
Tennessee is 4-1 this season against four of the final eight teams in the tournament:

Alabama 2-0
NC State 1-0
Illinois 1-0
Purdue 0-1

Vols get a chance for revenge on Sunday

What a terrific defensive game from the team but especially JJJ, ZZ, and Shak! They made life miserable for Creighton who hit 4 or 5 highly difficult shots just to keep game in reach. Add Santi to that group and I believe we may have 4 of the top defensive players at their positions in the country.
Also, even tho it wasn’t many minutes, the freshman did their jobs. MAN I bet Dillione and Carr HAD to be nervous when they heard their names called!
Just a fantastic team win!
You are so right

It is one thing to sit down the bench and think your name should be called

Totally different when the bell rings and you are in in March

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
How nice to wake up and see that we won!

This is better than starting the day with Community Coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
Community coffee is vastly underrated. And I can rifle through about six or eight hot Krispy Kremes. I would just say this win is even better with CC and KK doughnuts. Call it the trifecta of a good Saturday morning.

Community coffee is vastly underrated. And I can rifle through about six or eight hot Krispy Kremes. I would just say this win is even better with CC and KK doughnuts. Call it the trifecta of a good Saturday morning.
How could you sleep with the game going on ?

BS

VN Store

Back