The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Aidoo has the length to affect Edey if he can bow up and keep him from getting position too low consistently. Awaka has the strength to push Edey out further but lacks the height. Estrella might be pretty effective as he is stronger than Aidoo and longer than Awaka.

Edey will just move Aidoo backwards until he's 5 feet from the basket--then the little flip shot. That is not a good matchup for us, to say the least. I think we somehow need to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. You have to get a body on Edey early in possession, before he's in the paint-- make it hard for him to get into the paint. Big challenge.

The whole panel has been good. Candace Parker has been an absolute superstar.

Jay Wright is the smartest person in the room though. I’ve always been impressed with him as a coach, but to listen to him break down a game and throw stats to back up his observations is something to behold. That’s not to take anything away from Candace at all, she’s brilliant.

I hate he’s not coaching anymore. Seems like a class act and a great basketball mind.

I had on a plain black Hanes T during Texas , wore it tonight and will wear Sunday . It’s been clean each time so gotta wash it tomorrow
I’ve got on my Orange BasketVols t shirt on and grey sweats. I’ve worn them every game and not washed them. I won’t was them and will be dressed in them Sunday afternoon!!

Reactions: Jravol78
Edey will just move Aidoo backwards until he's 5 feet from the basket--then the little flip shot. That is not a good matchup for us, to say the least. I think we somehow need to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. You have to get a body on Edey early in possession, before he's in the paint-- make it hard for him to get into the paint. Big challenge.

IMG_5017.jpeg

I’m still happier with Barnes in the long run, but without Pearl making the job attractive there may have not been a Barnes era. So I’ll give the guy his due. And he was fired for a pretty dumb reason.

He was fired for lying to his boss and making him look like a fool.

Bruce Pearl signed his own pink slip. He could have copped to the violation and skated with a slap on the wrist.

Jay Wright said the key is to disrupt the guards before they get the ball to the wings which is where they like to make the entry pass into Edey.

They also live in Alabama, so I’d hate to be them.
Unrelated and surprising thing to that effect r. I lived in Atlanta a few years and I knew more Auburn fans there than Tech fans. UGA fans were the majority and as far as the area I lived, and seemed like Auburn fans were the second largest fan base there.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Jay Wright is the smartest person in the room though. I’ve always been impressed with him as a coach, but to listen to him break down a game and throw stats to back up his observations is something to behold. That’s not to take anything away from Candace at all, she’s brilliant.

I hate he’s not coaching anymore. Seems like a class act and a great basketball mind.
Yeah… it’s really obvious that Wright is just on a different level.

That is a great basketball panel.

I actually thought Wright was a butt hole of a coach but his analysis is dead on.

VN Store

Back