The Official #4 Tennessee vs #14 Alabama Game Thread, Saturday 8pm/ESPN

Rumors that Louisville is going to go after Nate Oates. Don't know if he would move with the ACC in flux

Louisville is a basketball school, have heard rumors that Pearl wants it & he was almost the hire last time.

Oates or Pearl being gone from the SEC would be nice!

Reactions: DC_Vol
With all the tudors and help available to athletes at UT, you about have to try to be ineligible.

This is the absolute truth. They (the university) goes out of its way to make sure academic resources and assistance is available for athletes, especially scholarship athletes. I was part of the tutoring & academic assistance program for athletes back in the early 2000’s and it’s even bigger and better set up now than it was then.

These resources are available for all students, but you have to seek it out. For athletes though, the programs are force fed and put in front of the athletes constantly. Grades are monitored and kept track of constantly.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
Louisville is a basketball school, have heard rumors that Pearl wants it & he was almost the hire last time.

Oates or Pearl being gone from the SEC would be nice!

Pearl flirted with Memphis for a bit while he was at Tennessee.

He’d probably show interest to get another raise.

As thrilling and incredible as the wins over Ky & Aub were, I just can't honestly believe for a sweep over Bama with that 2nd game in Ttown. Bama was embarrassed at TBA and they were uncharacteristically bad from 3. With the home advantage, greater familiarity with Knecht & crew, the SEC crown in reach, and a desire to even the score, I believe Bama wins going away; 93-80. The boys in orange sure surprised me when they went to Rupp and I would love to see them do it again. And I couldn't help but go back and watch the last 12:30 of this past week's game 2 more times. Reminded me of Lofton's performance against a Durant led Texas team in Dec of '06. Still the most exciting UT game I have ever watched---but that performance a few nights ago left me flabbergasted!

We're so bad on the road, I'm pretty nervous. Not seeing us winning this one.

Want to see us come out like we did at Kentucky. Take the crowd out somewhat from the get go

As thrilling and incredible as the wins over Ky & Aub were, I just can't honestly believe for a sweep over Bama with that 2nd game in Ttown. Bama was embarrassed at TBA and they were uncharacteristically bad from 3. With the home advantage, greater familiarity with Knecht & crew, the SEC crown in reach, and a desire to even the score, I believe Bama wins going away; 93-80. The boys in orange sure surprised me when they went to Rupp and I would love to see them do it again. And I couldn't help but go back and watch the last 12:30 of this past week's game 2 more times. Reminded me of Lofton's performance against a Durant led Texas team in Dec of '06. Still the most exciting UT game I have ever watched---but that performance a few nights ago left me flabbergasted!
Boooooo

Reactions: chuckb1448
I like the "orange" lighting they have for Tenn.

At least that's what I'd tell myself if I were playing for the Vols in that arena.

VN Store

Back