The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

The Vols were immensely better than the rest of these teams. I knew this all year. That is why I got upset when we lost more than we should have to some of these bums. We should have won the league by multiple games but in the end we got it done and we March on. As for the rest of these losers…bye! You got exposed just like I said months ago.
How old are you 12. On a different note, why do you hide your prior posts.

I don't get this criticism of the SEC. Early tournament losses have happened to the Big 10 and Big 12 in recent years. It happens. That doesnt take anything away from the success of the conference as a whole. Colorado was hot and won on a last second shot. Auburn couldn't hit their free throws when it mattered.

Either way,it's great that Tennessee is the only team to survive to the round of 32 so far.
What success? It really wasn't all that in the pre conference part of the schedule. Can't even beat 14 and 13 seeds. If somebody doesn't go on a deep run there will be no success to speak of.

Reactions: volplaya8
It was already absurdly difficult to win in March in college basketball, but the transfer portal, NIL, etc allowing experience and talent to shift around so much over the entire country has made it that much harder. The number of "gimmies" in March is minuscule now.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Bruce Pearl is just Tony Bennett with no natty. One fluke run and a bunch of flameouts

Yep. That Final Four looks like an accident. He’s gone home in the first weekend in five of the past six ncaa tournaments his teams have played in, although the slurpers would have you think he’s a great tournament coach.

I don't get this criticism of the SEC. Early tournament losses have happened to the Big 10 and Big 12 in recent years. It happens. That doesnt take anything away from the success of the conference as a whole. Colorado was hot and won on a last second shot. Auburn couldn't hit their free throws when it mattered.

Either way,it's great that Tennessee is the only team to survive to the round of 32 so far
I remember alot of people, including myself, give the Big10 flack last season for getting the most bids and most every team was out before the weekend was over.

SEC deserves to be leaughed at. We were given really good seeds and were upset across the board. All teams were favorites with a higher seed: #3, #4, #6, #7, #8 and ALL lost. That's beyond embarassing..

Last edited:
Ha, fair. I’m totally fine if the SEC goes 1-7. Just felt like some were trying to discount what TN accomplished by saying the entire league sucked.
Doesn't it kind of discount it some? You can be the champion of a good league or the champion of a bad league. It will be looked at differently. Not by us as much because we just want to finish ahead of our rivals but to fans in other areas.

Same thing we’ve seen from that team all season. They have an unstoppable monster in Broome but they also have reckless guards that make it nearly impossible to make any kind of run in March.
He lets them play too much. But that’s also why players love playing for him. He’s a very good coach, they just were a mess down the stretch. Those Kenpom efficiency ratings must not mean too much after all as they should’ve been cruising in this one.

VN Store

Back