The Official #18 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPNU

And we go back to the topic of runs. South Carolina wanted the game, and like was said multiple times during the broadcast, it’s not easy to keep them out. We lose that last year, and the year before.

Keep repeating how much they wanted it, that alone didn't make them make up a 14 and 9 point lead. Our sloppy play did. Let's not act like that hasn't been an issue this year.

And I DGAF what would have happened last year, it's not last year anymore.

Keep repeating how much they wanted it, that alone didn't make them make up a 14 and 9 point lead. Our sloppy play did. Let's not act like that hasn't been an issue this year.

And I DGAF what would have happened last year, it's not last year anymore.

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

One positive thing to realize..Last season we would be playing catchup ball and coming up short most of the time. At least this year we have the lead and finding out how to save it. We are over that hump. A win is a win no matter how it comes. Barnes is coaching these guys up. GBO.

Reactions: 2 people
Did anyone hear what he screamed? I've never seen Barnes do that before. He's gets his point across but usually more laid back.

Kesling was sitting right next to the TN bench. He said that Barnes was livid because when Daniel went for the (failed) steal, it resulted in an uncontested 3 (which USC hit). The message was that it was an unnecessary risk that created easy points for USC. Barnes wanted everybody to play straight up, sound defense. Going for that steal, away from help defense, was a bad decision in Barnes' mind. I think that he got his point across, not just to Daniel, but to the ENTIRE team.

Reactions: 2 people
18-6 and firmly in the top 25 looks awful good right now.

Williams,Schofield,and Bowden once again lead the way.

It was ugly but how can UT basketball complain about a conference win?

Reactions: 1 person
I know that Barnes is doing his "tough love" thing with Bone, but there's really no way that Daniel should be getting as many or more minutes than Bone at this point. If Daniel isn't shooting well, he's a liability on the floor. He's just not quick or athletic enough to defend SEC caliber guards, and his ballhandling is suspect. He almost cost us the game tonight. Bone is going to have growing pains, but his ceiling is high. Let him play. Even if he's not scoring, the offense is just much better with him running the point.

Agree, Daniel isn't a " true" pg. while he is more of an offensive threat than Bone, Bone gets the ball to the players that we need to get it to while Daniel dribbles way too much. Barnes obviously was trying to teach Bone a lesson about something last night but for this team to make a run in March, it won't happen without Bone on the court.

Agree, Daniel isn't a " true" pg. while he is more of an offensive threat than Bone, Bone gets the ball to the players that we need to get it to while Daniel dribbles way too much. Barnes obviously was trying to teach Bone a lesson about something last night but for this team to make a run in March, it won't happen without Bone on the court.

All 4 TOs for Daniel were from forcing the pass when it isn't there. He's regressed on that the last few games. Driving the Boss crazy too.

Reactions: 1 person
All 4 TOs for Daniel were from forcing the pass when it isn't there. He's regressed on that the last few games. Driving the Boss crazy too.

I think CRB played Daniels because he is trying to let him play through a slump like he has done with Bowden some. We need Daniels’ scoring, if we are going to make some noise the rest of the way. We play best with Daniels scoring about 10 pts and Alexander contributing by playing tough defense

VN Store

Back