The Official #18 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Bone is lightning quick and never drives to the basket! The baseline was WIDE OPEN all night for anyone that wanted it! Poor adjustment by Barnes! This team has ZERO killer instinct!

Effort wasn’t bad. Wasn’t really execution either. Just two teams who wanted the win, and neither team was going away.

Oh come on....we had them on the ropes twice and our own sloppy play let them right back in it. We were up freakin 14 and then almost 10.

Sometimes it's ok to call things like it is.

Oh come on....we had them on the ropes twice and our own sloppy play let them right back in it. We were up freakin 14 and then almost 10.

Sometimes it's ok to call things like it is.

Both teams wanted it. of course things got a little sloppy, but in the end the vols got the w. No complaints here. Hard fought W.

Reactions: 2 people
This entire game. Push it, take all open shots, crash the boards aggressively even if it means fouling. I think after Bama this was the challenge. Especially coming at home to a bad team. And it was a disaster.
gotcha....now that you mention it , you're right. That game was just so fugly that it didn't really even register that they were trying some new "strategies" :sick:

Both teams wanted it. of course things got a little sloppy, but in the end the vols got the w. No complaints here. Hard fought W.

Lol, I guess that just excuses blowing 2 pretty big leads then.

You're not going to beat many teams in March playing like we did tonight.

I know that Barnes is doing his "tough love" thing with Bone, but there's really no way that Daniel should be getting as many or more minutes than Bone at this point. If Daniel isn't shooting well, he's a liability on the floor. He's just not quick or athletic enough to defend SEC caliber guards, and his ballhandling is suspect. He almost cost us the game tonight. Bone is going to have growing pains, but his ceiling is high. Let him play. Even if he's not scoring, the offense is just much better with him running the point.

Bone is lightning quick and never drives to the basket! The baseline was WIDE OPEN all night for anyone that wanted it! Poor adjustment by Barnes! This team has ZERO killer instinct!

What?! This isn't the lady vols forum dont bring that garbage over here. Pretty sure Grant Williams went killer on the bucket that sealed the deal. Damn

Daniels should not play PG the rest of the season. He dribbles into trouble and holds the ball way too long. He should be a spot shooter and that’s it.

Have you seen Bone trying to make a layup? It's not pretty

Reactions: 1 person
Like I've already said, I'll take the win. However, I didn't like Barnes decision to have Bone on the bench and James Daniel on the floor in the last 2-3 minutes. Daniel had a rough game tonight and was doing more harm than good when on the floor. Every player has a bad game, so I'm not blaming him. Just questioning why Barnes left him in the game at such a critical stage of the game. With that being said, Daniel did a great job contesting SC's last second shot.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a win and coming off an ugly loss, I will take it. 19-6 and not complaining a bit about it but...

Daniel had a rough night: 1-6 from the floor (all 3's). 2-2 from the line. 5 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 1 steal and 4 turnovers.

SC is on a 5, now 6 game losing streak, you have to expect them to play hard. They aren’t that bad a team. We got the win against a hungry talented team.

We are just lucky they don’t play clean defense. Fouls made the difference.

Lol, I guess that just excuses blowing 2 pretty big leads then.

You're not going to beat many teams in March playing like we did tonight.

It’s not March though, is it? and I can give plenty examples of close, hard fough, “sloppy games” in the NCAA tournament.

It's a win and coming off an ugly loss, I will take it. 19-6 and not complaining a bit about it but...

Daniel had a rough night: 1-6 from the floor (all 3's). 2-2 from the line. 5 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 1 steal and 4 turnovers.

I'll take the W but I will complain that once again we had a team on the ropes and let them back in the game, twice. That shouldn't be happening in mid-February.

And in those examples, a team like SC isn't playing in them. They're at home.

You’re not winning every game by a blow out. It’s
Just not going to happen. If you can’t accept that it may be time for a new hobby. I hear knitting is pretty fun.

I kid.

You’re not winning every game by a blow out. It’s
Just not going to happen. If you can’t accept that it may be time for a new hobby. I hear knitting is pretty fun.

I kid.

I never even remotely indicated that.

If the game had been neck and neck the entire game, I might agree with you. But it wasn't.

Look, SC fought hard, and they were a desperate team, which is always dangerous. Credit to them for fighting to the end and not giving up when down 14. But the last three minutes of that game was terrible for UT. Never should have been that close.

Bet his ears are still ringing from Barnes yelling at him

I never even remotely indicated that.

If the game had been neck and neck the entire game, I might agree with you. But it wasn't.

And we go back to the topic of runs. South Carolina wanted the game, and like was said multiple times during the broadcast, it’s not easy to keep them out. We lose that last year, and the year before.

VN Store

Back