The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #3 Auburn Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN

Can we get a #2 seed in the NCAA tourney?

If we win out and win the tourney we absolutely get a 2 seed. If we win out and lose in the tourney 3 seed. Drop the Arky game next weekend and probably a 4 unless we win the tourney. Lot of work left to do!

I think we win our and get to the championship game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The television analyst even said something about it as the game went to halftime. He said some coaches dress terrible and unprofessional now or something to that effect. He said they can at least wear a sportscoat.
I had the sound off most of the game but I did hear that comment though I don’t know if there was anything said about him sweating through his polo. Needs to bring a couple fresh ones to change during TV timeouts IMO.

So if we win our next 2 against UGA and Arky....then Auburn loses 1 of there next 2 of either @MSU or SCjr....then we win a share of the regular season championship, right?

Yep & since UK lost & if we beat Arky Next Sat we would get the tie breaker and 1st seed. Seems unlikely Auburn losing at MSU is a long shot but they did have to luck in to win at Missouri.

Yep. Pearl was and still is a great coach. Anybody that doesn’t recognize that is “delusional”.

He is a great tactician but lacking in character. If I were AU I would simply fear he has the ability to keep the job for a bunch of years. He is always too close to the edge. Wonder what it is going to cost him when CP gets out of the slammer. Not sure what the statute of limitations is with the NCAA.

He is a great tactician but lacking in character. If I were AU I would simply fear he has the ability to keep the job for a bunch of years. He is always too close to the edge. Wonder what it is going to cost him when CP gets out of the slammer. Not sure what the statute of limitations is with the NCAA.
No question about playing close to the edge. Not much gray area. Folks either love him or loathe him. Sort of like Calipari. But also no question he is a great tactician and his teams never quit as evidenced by the last minute today. When they got down 11 with a couple of minutes to go, they just kept coming. Was glad to see us withstand it. That will be good for this team in the Dance.

It sure was nice to finally beat a Bruce Pearl Auburn team. My wife and I attended that last losing effort at TBA. Our team showed a lot of fight and grit today to get this win. Sure do like to see SV on the free throw line late when the game is in the balance.

To keep composure and stay focused says a lot about this team. It also says a lot about how the game has changed. Years ago things like that would absolutely cause a fight.

Great win for the Vols and the fans!

Too bad we didn't have a bunch of angry football players ready to defend the PowerT with a bullrush. What could that cost, a technical?

VN Store

Back