The Official #13 Tennessee @ #14 Missouri Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

He is the winningest coach we’ve had in over a decade. He is the only head coach we’ve had since Fulmer without a losing season. The only strike I see is your ability to comprehend the game of college football and it’s current evolving state.

This loss sucks. The Florida loss sucks. The Bama loss sucks. But to pretend he is on “strike 3” or any imaginable seat where the hotness is anything other then -32C is laughable.

He is the only reason we’ve been remotely enjoyable to watch for years. Our teams are competing. He is putting guys in the NFL. We signed arguably the best QB in the nation last year.

This is the SEC and we were close to the bottom of the barrel when he stepped in. I didn’t think he would win 8 games until honestly this year.

You need to understand the reality of where we were, where we are, and what exactly is coming. Next year and with the new SEC realignment things are going to be rough and brutal. Instability could wreck this program. He isn’t going anywhere and if he does then our nightmare will continue and we can welcome back 4-6 win seasons as the new norm.

He’s not on strike 1,2, or 3…. I’m not even suggesting his seat is warm. While 8-4 feels average considering what we lost last year, it feels more like a 6-6 season given the fashion that our losses have been.

Heupel is still young and learning but the lack of making adjustments is gonna be his downfall

It’s looking more and more like last year was a fluke. We’re right back to absolute garbage this year.
Overreact much? I am all kinds of emotions about this game too and as disgusted as they come, but we aren't "absolute garbage" as you say. I'll take this kind of year over the Cornbread Era 1000 times out of 1000.....

He is the winningest coach we’ve had in over a decade. He is the only head coach we’ve had since Fulmer without a losing season. The only strike I see is your ability to comprehend the game of college football and it’s current evolving state.

This loss sucks. The Florida loss sucks. The Bama loss sucks. But to pretend he is on “strike 3” or any imaginable seat where the hotness is anything other then -32C is laughable.

He is the only reason we’ve been remotely enjoyable to watch for years. Our teams are competing. He is putting guys in the NFL. We signed arguably the best QB in the nation last year.

This is the SEC and we were close to the bottom of the barrel when he stepped in. I didn’t think he would win 8 games until honestly this year.

You need to understand the reality of where we were, where we are, and what exactly is coming. Next year and with the new SEC realignment things are going to be rough and brutal. Instability could wreck this program. He isn’t going anywhere and if he does then our nightmare will continue and we can welcome back 4-6 win seasons as the new norm.
Yeah, I am very upset Heupel continues to employ Banks and Martinez, but firing him would make us the (deserved) laughing stock of college football

Reactions: Hairy Vols
The stupidity by some never ceases to amaze. Joe Milton is just about the only player who has looked even remotely decent outside of his fumble. This defense can’t stop anyone with a pulse but let’s throw in a true freshman who has shown absolutely nothing in limited playing time. We are an 8 win team, those of you with illusions of 9-10 wins are delusional. Virtually no threats at wr outside of White, and a below average defense. IF McCoy and Hadden weren’t injured, MAYBE this game is more competitive but we aren’t beating Georgia under any circumstances.
It’s not stupid at all. At this point you just have to play for next year. Might as well play the presumptive qb for next year. What the hell is there to lose now

Want to bet every dime you’ve ever made, clown? Spouting nonsense like a fool doesn’t win you the argument - it just makes you a punk.
And I will ask again, why did you bring your supposed education into the conversation? I have found that those who make vague boast about their education are often lacking in other areas of their life. By the way, you have dodged two of the questions I asked by attacking me (name calling) and my credibility (football knowledge) while only spouting out your academic credentials, which no one asked for or is relevant to the conversation.

Don't even care about the rest of the year. Nobody cares about meaningless bowl games that aren't the playoffs or NY6

VN Store

Back