The Official #1 Tennessee vs #24 Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his whole argument was that the previous batter should’ve had strike 3 called on a batters box infraction and the kid that put a line drive on Dolly’s wrist, never should’ve been at the plate.
GBO!!
According to reports, the line drive struck him in the elbow. There are rumors of a possible fracture.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
He will be suspended. How long is the only question. A week maybe. We’re Awright.

I been watching college baseball for a pretty good while and I’ll just say this…

I have never witnessed the HC AND PC be ejected in T1. They planned it. The bump was, “if he goes, I go.”

Players responded. It’s what you wanna see. Nobody wants to play us at home. It’s a bees nest. Legoooooooooooooo!!!!

Countdown 10 hours!

GBO!!!

Tony was thrown out BEFORE the bump.

This is why what Tony did in bumping the ump is so painful to us. We need his leadership in these games. We are in a ferocious pennant race and his leadership is crucial. He has to do a better job of controlling his temper in the future. Especially after he saw that Frank was tossed. He was entirely justified in arguing with the ump, and possibly even getting tossed himself. But bumping the ump is something that will bring this team some pain. I hope he learns from this.

Essentially, he’s a failed pro umpire. Did minor leagues but got into college.

He was behind the plate last year in our game against Texas in the CWS. I believe it was the 3rd base ump who threw out Ross Kivett, and there had been a prior history with that umpire and Kivett going back to his Big 12 days. So, my guess is his opinion of us started there. He was awful behind the plate on Friday, and I’m sure he heard from our staff about it. He was looking for a fight, and he got it. I would not be surprised if we never see him again do our games- the route of Al Matthews in football and Anthony Jordan in basketball.
Spot on.

This new age world likes to twist words change context. That's what some retards do.
Well, one can get the feeling that Bob was "kinda" endorsing or fully supporting said suspension by going on and on about it. This is what I meant by virtue signaling on his part.....something that I find gutless and pathetic nowadays and something that is NOT in his job description. Just do your job and do not risk being seen to weigh in on touchy subjects like this one. There is no need to do so especially when you don't have enough good will built up in the fan base to do so.

I'm interested to see if the umpire, Jeff Macias, is there today. Wouldn't be shocked if the SEC replaced him today..........

That would be the prudent thing to do, but in my opinion they will not have the guts to do so. There is almost zero repercussions or consequences for terrible officiating or in this case total buffoonery by said umpire.

Final day of the 3-round weekend dogfight:

Here’s hoping that Beam fares much better than Burns and Dollander. We need him to go as long as possible. Sending positive vibes that he stays healthy (and nothing wacky happens). 🤞🏽🙏🏼

Curious to know how our relief pitching comes together today. I think one thing to keep in mind is Blade’s availability. Given Dollander’s status, we probably need Blade in the starting rotation next weekend.

I think our lineup will be ready to go. Coach Elander and the remaining coaches will be ready. Our fans in attendance will be ready to cheer our guys and give Mr. Napoleon a loud earful. I bet he will insert himself today.

Bring it on. Let’s go compete and win the series!

Last edited:
Is there anything that prevents an ejected/suspended coach from sitting in the stands?

I was at an 1994 SEC East tourney (they had 2 tourneys 1993-1995 or) in Lexington and a group of us went to see a Saturday night losers bracket game. UK coach Keith Madison was tossed and a little bit later you could clearly see him standing on tower at adjacent practice fields. Talk about wasted real estate at a 1 sport school like UK.

If I remember right, the HP umpire finally saw Madison in the dark distance and told an assistant coach that Madison had to more completely leave.

That’s awesome! 👍🏽 😀
Uros responded to get contact info. According to the tweets, it will be in his possession shortly. I bet it will fit him like a vest lol.
il_1140xN.2368493875_merl.jpg

Last edited:
Why is CFA missing the game? He was ejected but there isn't any worry about a suspension for him. Why would he miss today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back