The Official #1 Tennessee vs #24 Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it's will be tough to go down 3 pitchers at once. Don't think Sewell will be out very long. Got to hope Burns gets his mojo back soon.
We have an embarrassment of riches at pitching, but Burns has been struggling and down three pitchers is not good. I agree about Sewell if it's a Dickey type injury.

It baffles me that umpires can touch coaches/players all they want, but you’d better not breathe on them.
And let's be honest about the "bump". That blue boy acted like he'd just taken a 12GA slug to the chest. Channeled a bit of our own ragdoll Fulky and flopped like a champ IMO.

Lots of worries about injuries to our pitchers, but all of it is speculation at this point. We have Halvorsen coming back, Tidwell can slide in for Dollander and Sewell won’t be out for long if at all. It’s the regular season and this stuff happens. We just need everyone healthy in a couple months

Hope Dollander and Sewell are okay because we’re about to get some bad news on the bullpen tomorrow
That is a little bit of a cryptic statement, but I have been speculating something is going on. We were told that Halvorson was going to be active this week and then when gameday gets here, he wasn't on the list. Late last night I saw Ben McKee make an offhand remark to someone saying Halvorson would be a big help now that "you won't be seeing him anytime soon". Rains it pours. Can't get over the bad luck for poor Dollander. Of all places for that ball to hit him... even if it's not broken don't see any way in the world he comes back quickly. It looked awful live.

so if you’re TN just don’t answer any calls from a Birmingham area code before noon tomorrow. I don’t think the ncaa can get their report in to the SEC before noon, so we should have Vitello at least.

Yeah, it’s Easter morning, but never underestimate the Bama protection racket.

If Dollander is in fact out for a long period of time, do we think Blade takes his spot and we go from there, or do we move Beam up and give Blade the Sunday role

Maybe the baseball gods will cut us a break and it's just a bone bruise and not a fx. Still gonna be out for a period of time.
I don’t know man, they’re probably still upset over those green Notre Dame uniforms.
Hopefully CTV and CFA, getting tossed, offered enough sacrifice to appease them!
GBO!!

If Dollander is in fact out for a long period of time, do we think Blade takes his spot and we go from there, or do we move Beam up and give Blade the Sunday role
I think it could depend on how Beam continues to pitch as well as how Burns does in his next outting or two. Burns has struggled a little bit and Beam has continued doing what he does. Beam, Burns and Tidwell could be a good rotation. We have good arms... Not sure it matters how they rotate, just hate losing Dollander for any length of time.

I find it hard to believe we’re going to get anything other than bad news about Dollander based on where the injury occurred.
A 110 mph shot directly off the elbow or lower arm area rarely ends up with any positives as far as near-future is concerned. The sound the ball made hitting Chase still makes me shudder. I hate it for that kid. Sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back