The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy Series Thread (Fri. May 10 7PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 11 3PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. May 12 3PM EST ESPN2)

You know today's game has to really stick in Vandy's craw. It is what makes it sweet for me. They had a couple of lasers in the ninth that were atom balls and CMO's dinger looked like he was trying to fight the pitch off. Multiple chances to tie it up and they couldn't do it. They have to feel just sick. And, that gives me great joy. Let's run rule 'em tomorrow.

I think it has more to do with getting a lead then giving it away in the fashion that they did than it does with having to speak to a woman.

It’s hard to be mad at him, a lot of coaches don’t like press after losses. Corbin’s a dweeb, not a sexist lol.

And honestly the “we got who we got” quote was kind of funny.

I don’t get the outrage. 🤷‍♂️

I think you have to try to see this from Corbin’s perspective. Imagine you dominate not only the state, but the entire division for the better part of a decade. It takes you a while to get going after being hired in 2002, but by 2013 they became the predominant force in the East. And they certainly never had to worry about little brother Tennessee.

Then a young Italian man comes along and makes Tennessee competitive. Still not a problem, you’re still better than them. But by ‘21 something changes. They’re a little too competitive in that series. You win, but it’s too close.

By ‘22 they sweep you in your own place. No matter, they’re 5-10 in conference play and reeling so you’ll return the favor in ‘23 right? Nope. They sweep you again to jumpstart their season and make an improbable run to Omaha. You’re bounced in the supers.

It’s now 2024. Tennessee comes to your place. For the first time since you’re hired, the stadium resembles candy football games against UT. The stadium is 50% Tennessee fans, and you lose again late.

You have now lost 8 straight to what used to be little brother, and now they’re retaking the fan base you’ve gained from their baseball irrelevance. They’re #1 in the land, you might not even make the tournament.

How would you act in the post game?
Most coaches would still act with more class. You can be disappointed without being demeaning towards people.

Love to see it!! 1st place!! GBO!!🍊⚾🔥🔥🔥🔥View attachment 640174

We're now tied with Vandy for 2nd in the SEC East at 8-5. UK is well ahead at 12-1, but here are their past and future series:

Prior series for UK: UGA, Missou, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn (current)

Future series for UK: Vols, USCjr, Arky, UF, Vandy

Like the papa tomato said to the baby tomato, time to ketchup!

Shameless self bump from April 13

How's things with the new house?
Going ok. We’ve got most of our main stuff moved in, but my garage is a disaster 😅. Haven’t put up the decor yet. I discovered mushrooms (literally mushrooms) growing up out of the front door frame that the builder is coming out next week to take care of. Haven’t been this tired in a long time.

VN Store

Back