The Official #1 Tennessee @ Florida Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday Noon SEC NET+)

They don’t hit a lot of home runs or doubles either. 3rd least home runs and T-4th least doubles. Also tied for least SB attempts, so they aren’t even trying to manufacture runs on the base paths. But they do have a .295 BA. They just single you to death with 74% of their hits being singles. I don’t have time to go through all the teams but I would be willing to say that is one of the highest % in the SEC, if not the highest. Very Jekyll and Hyde team as well with half their SEC losses being blowouts of 17, 13, and 14 runs. Conversely, they have 6 games won by 2 runs or less. They are that team that can take a series from anyone in the country or they can lose a series and get blown out in the process. That’s why I feel they are our toughest series remaining because it’s hard to know want you are going to get from them.

Jonathan Cannon will be extremely tough to beat on Friday night.

Pitch was a little down and in, impressive Trey was able to get the barrel on it.
I see it happen WAY too often and I understand why the fan was flipping out. I do the same thing honestly because it drives me nuts whenever it happens to us. Happens all the time in MLB too. Either throw it in the dirt and make them chase or a rising fast ball up out of the zone.

For some reason, my Goater alumna wife and our Hogtown High son are not wanting to go watch any of these games.

There are times in baseball where the pressure of keeping up a streak of some sort can put you off your focus. You see a decline in some respects of your game where previously you were solid. The only worry as a fan is that the negatives persist even after the streak ends.

This team's maturity is as impressive as its talent. The end of the streak didn't bring about a period of stagnant results. It rather seems to have brought them back to a standard of excellence that is a quality of both their talent and their pure love for playing the game as a part of this program.

It is a joy to see and a joy to know most of Alachua County is hiding somewhere around Haile Plantation the rest of the weekend.

VN Store

Back