The Official #1 Tennessee @ Florida Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday Noon SEC NET+)

1. That slugging % is insane! I had to do a double take on that to make sure I didn’t read it wrong. 87 points clear of the next best team. To put that into perspective, the Rockies have the top SLG% of any MLB team at .449 and the next closest is at .442

2. The entire pitching stat line is just laughable. Nobody is close to our pitching staff.

3. The defense leaves a lot to be desired for except passed balls. Kudos to the pitchers and Evan for being the only team in the conference without a PB.

First time watching the Aggies for me this year. Really weird fanbase with all of the coordinated cheers. I knew they did it in football but not baseball. They act like women’s softball as the players in the dugout were doing some of the cheers.

The Ball 5, ball 6 etc. cheer is fantastic. Beats the hell out of having a Whistler or the stupid heckler at LNS.

Wow. Georgia's pitching in the conference has been awful and they are still 9-6.
They don’t hit a lot of home runs or doubles either. 3rd least home runs and T-4th least doubles. Also tied for least SB attempts, so they aren’t even trying to manufacture runs on the base paths. But they do have a .295 BA. They just single you to death with 74% of their hits being singles. I don’t have time to go through all the teams but I would be willing to say that is one of the highest % in the SEC, if not the highest. Very Jekyll and Hyde team as well with half their SEC losses being blowouts of 17, 13, and 14 runs. Conversely, they have 6 games won by 2 runs or less. They are that team that can take a series from anyone in the country or they can lose a series and get blown out in the process. That’s why I feel they are our toughest series remaining because it’s hard to know want you are going to get from them.

1. That slugging % is insane! I had to do a double take on that to make sure I didn’t read it wrong. 87 points clear of the next best team. To put that into perspective, the Rockies have the top SLG% of any MLB team at .449 and the next closest is at .442

2. The entire pitching stat line is just laughable. Nobody is close to our pitching staff.

3. The defense leaves a lot to be desired for except passed balls. Kudos to the pitchers and Evan for being the only team in the conference without a PB.
Our pitching has been very good, but when looking at team batting averages, TN has only faced 2 of the top 12 teams(3 counting FL in progress). Our pitching had influence on the avg of the teams we have faced, yet TN has not faced the best offenses in the league to this point in the season. That said, I think our staff will cool down hitters from those at the top of the chart and it will be fun to watch.

VN Store

Back