The Offical Selection Sunday Thread

I have no clue how MTSU scored an 11 seed. They lost two games in one the worst conferences in the nation and have a NON CON SOS of 253. Weak.

Reactions: 1 person
Rob Lewis just said we'd be able to host 1st and 3rd round games but would have to go on the road for a potential 2nd rounder.

Rob Lewis just said we'd be able to host 1st and 3rd round games but would have to go on the road for a potential 2nd rounder.

Surely they could fit in a time for a potential second round game? I'm surprised they would pass up money for any possible revenue.

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP

In review: play tough teams (doesn't matter if you win). Win on the road (against nobody in top100) Get a bid that is cheered. Got it

-sorry if already posted. He's right & so was Bilas. No way the low/mid majors deserved all 4 play-in games.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm as pissed as anybody, but you can't just say "we had 9 top 100 wins and MTSU had 1" and that be the end of it. We also had a lot more top 100 losses than they did. We lost like 8 out of 11 games in January and February. It sucks, but we all said it was going to be close.

I'm as pissed as anybody, but you can't just say "we had 9 top 100 wins and MTSU had 1" and that be the end of it. We also had a lot more top 100 losses than they did. We lost like 8 out of 11 games in January and February. It sucks, but we all said it was going to be close.
No, we didn't. They lost to Arkansas State and FIU(in their very last game). We lost to Georgia twice(once without starting PG).

edit: Misunderstood. Fairly obvious why MTSU had less Top 100 RPI losses.

Last edited:

We had more top 100 losses than MTSU because they only played FOUR period. We played EIGHTEEN. They had no opportunity to lose more top 100s.

NN was in the tops of just about every stat. He was the best player in the league pre injury.

Not really; he wasn't much of an offensive threat at all.

He was the SEC's best defender, with the most blocks and Top 3 in rebounding; but he only ranked #31 in scoring.

Also, WTF does Ole Miss have to do with UT? I thought head to head didn't matter? UT lost a NCAA tourney team, who, as he said five minutes ago, was in regardless if they won the tourney. What?

Head-to-head probably doesn't matter much USUALLY; but when you have 2 teams from the same conference with similar resumes, and only 1 can get in, they're not going to give it to the team that was on the losing end of the 2 head-to-head matchups.

@TomPenders: @coachbrucepearl UT would have been in if you were still there with same season results. Who's the coach is huge

--that's interesting. Former coach thinks Bruce's personality would have gotten us in. Cuonzo doesn't get any respect.

CM Newton is the NIT Committee chair. Was AD at both Bama and UK ( I think). No wonder they got 1 seeds

@TomPenders: @coachbrucepearl UT would have been in if you were still there with same season results. Who's the coach is huge

--that's interesting. Former coach thinks Bruce's personality would have gotten us in. Cuonzo doesn't get any respect.

Interesting. Because CCM couldn't get in at Missouri State as a 30 RPI. Can't catch a break. That would have gotten in this year.

MTSU didn't even play that amount. You can't give them credit for not playing them. How about MTSU play our schedule and see how they fare?

MTSU didn't even play that amount. You can't give them credit for not playing them. How about MTSU play our schedule and see how they fare?

THis is my point. The committee isn't going to penalize a team for a bad conference. We had a lot more chances at "top 100 wins". They actually went out and scheduled decently for a team in a horrible conference. The fact that Vanderbilt sucked wasn't really there fault. They played Ole Miss. Florida. I'm not saying it's right, it's just different opportunities. We had more 100 wins because we had more games against 100 type teams.

VN Store

Back