The Offical Selection Sunday Thread

I have had u and others shoving CCM and the late season run down my throat for the last 12 or so games. Couple that with the "we are getting in the tourney" because this bracketologist says so and this bracketologist always changes his bracket to get ratings.....

Any criticism I made this year of CCM and Vols was met with over the top attacks against me.... So no, I will not chill out! I will take my shots just like you and others have taken at me this basketball season.

The chair was totally wrong in his evaluation of our late winning streak. We DID beat some good teams, and we DID win some road games. So you can't throw that crap out & be right. Because you're wrong & so was he.

Like Bilas said, the committee chose to reward the small schools over big ones & that will eventually result in the BCS schools saying "see ya" to the NCAA. We had more top 100 wins than St Marys & MTSU added together. Probably LaSalle too. Just imagine if we got to play Sunbelt teams for two months.

Reactions: 2 people
Dunno. He said that Ole Miss was in regardless of today's result and that UT losing twice head to head to Ole Miss cost us. Basically, the SEC was getting in 3, and it appears it was down to us and Ole Miss for the 3rd slot.

Nobody anywhere can convince me we didn't get robbed when a team that had 1 real win , MTSU ( top 100 win) ALL season got in over a team that had 9 of them. TENN. it's obvious the committee gives preference to the mid-majors. They'll pay for it at the gate of each site those sorry ass teams play at.

Putting Oregon as a 12 seed is another example of dissing a BCS conference in seedings. Had they lost the Pac12 tourney, they'd probably be out.

Nobody anywhere can convince me we didn't get robbed when a team that had 1 real win , MTSU ( top 100 win) ALL season got in over a team that had 9 of them. TENN. it's obvious the committee gives preference to the mid-majors. They'll pay for it at the gate of each site those sorry ass teams play at.

We only had one real win that stood out and that was Florida. We also had 3 losses to UGA and Bama

They'll pay for it by the BCS schools leaving the NCAA & keeping their money. Then all those low/mid majors can have a whopping TV deal like the new Big East schools are getting. Which is not very much.

I am saying I told you so. This fn board is full of so-called "fans" who rip anyone who criticizes anything UT sports related.

How many posts on here said Tennessee was in the tourney? How many people said that losing to Ga for the second time did not hurt the Vols chances of getting in the dance? How many people busted my chops for saying that the loss to Ga prob did the Vols in? So stuff it!

Dude. Nobody likes someone who insists on saying "I told you so." ESPECIALLY right after we barely missed out on the Dance, and in such heartbreaking fashion.

You lack tact. Were you right? Yeah. Was I wrong? Yup. Is your attitude still ****ty? Sure is.

And would you have said the same if we had gotten in? Doubt it!

Reactions: 2 people
We only had one real win that stood out and that was Florida. We also had 3 losses to UGA and Bama

Oh really? We beat 2 other NCAA teams , Wichita St and Mizzou. MTSU had 1 win vs tourney team. If TENN had played in the Sunbelt they would have won 30 or more games

boise state play corban and walla walla are you kidding and they didn't beat any of those teams in their conference on the road they beat them at home just like UT did

This was all a secret ruise by Cuonzo.
Play hard at the end season then drop the first SEC tourney game to lock in that #1 NIT seed.
He knows what he is doing.

It's a really bad day when we're trying to compare ourselves to MTSU and which school did the most. Really bad day.

Really there is no comparison. I think we are all trying to come up with a way to validate the NCAA Selection Committees decision and there is no way in hell to do it.

Reactions: 1 person
florida didn't screw us. Our unrealestic fans just don't have a clue. The ones that actually keep the orange glasses off understand what's going on. Can't wait to hear some of these "20 win folks, win one and were in" ppl justify their comments. A simple....."sorry i have no clue what I'm talking about and maybe I shouldn't flame you and label you a negavol" would be fine with me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Best post of the day!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Brendan F. Quinn ‏@BFQuinn

I got to know Bobinski last month and he was sharp, but those comments aren't exactly accurate.

(true as was pointed out by many reporters)

Brendan F. Quinn ‏@BFQuinn

I got to know Bobinski last month and he was sharp, but those comments aren't exactly accurate.

(true as was pointed out by many reporters)

Wow, those Knox News Sentinel reporters are rocket scientists !

VN Store

Back