The Offical Selection Sunday Thread

I agree with Jay Bilas on this tourney....it wasn't who you beat, it was who you lost to. Committee pretty much said this in their assessment of Tennessee....losing twice to Ole Miss cost us.

Hard to take, if we could have just won one of those early season games we were so close in, we would be in. Add that to the losses to Georgia. I still think UT, KY, and ALA, all beat MTSU, La Salle, St. Mary's, and Boise St. in a head to head game.

Wichita St

I agree with Jay Bilas on this tourney....it wasn't who you beat, it was who you lost to. Committee pretty much said this in their assessment of Tennessee....losing twice to Ole Miss cost us.

Which, if this becomes a trend, will not benefit teams scheduling tougher OOC schedules. I don't like that, at all. Even if it didnt affect UT.

Hard to take, if we could have just won one of those early season games we were so close in, we would be in. Add that to the losses to Georgia. I still think UT, KY, and ALA, all beat MTSU, La Salle, St. Mary's, and Boise St. in a head to head game.

Is that 15 on 20? :)

So losing to the SEC champs counted as " bad" losses?

Y17Kq.gif

So losing to the SEC champs counted as " bad" losses?

Dunno. He said that Ole Miss was in regardless of today's result and that UT losing twice head to head to Ole Miss cost us. Basically, the SEC was getting in 3, and it appears it was down to us and Ole Miss for the 3rd slot.

It shouldn't be possible to shove success in your face. Any real Vols fan would just celebrate along with the rest of us. But that's not what you do. And here you are shoving defeat in our faces. We appreciate it.

I am saying I told you so. This fn board is full of so-called "fans" who rip anyone who criticizes anything UT sports related.

How many posts on here said Tennessee was in the tourney? How many people said that losing to Ga for the second time did not hurt the Vols chances of getting in the dance? How many people busted my chops for saying that the loss to Ga prob did the Vols in? So stuff it!

Reactions: 1 person
Projected NIT Field

1Iowa
1Kentucky
1Maryland
1Tennessee
2Alabama
2Virginia
2Massachusetts
2Baylor
3Southern Miss
3Air Force
3Arkansas
3Stanford
4Arizona State
4Northern Iowa
4St. Joseph's
4Charlotte
5Indiana State
5Xavier
5Providence
5Louisiana Tech
6Stephen F. Austin
6LSU
6Florida State
6St. John's
7Long Beach State
7Niagara
7Stony Brook
7Mercer
8Norfolk State
8Northeastern
8Robert Morris
8Charleston Southern

We would be in Baylor's region according to that. Stanford, Charlotte, etc

Last edited:
I am saying I told you so. This fn board is full of so-called "fans" who rip anyone who criticizes anything UT sports related.

How many posts on here said Tennessee was in the tourney? How many people said that losing to Ga for the second time did not hurt the Vols chances of getting in the dance? How many people busted my chops for saying that the loss to Ga prob did the Vols in? So stuff it!

Hey wait a second... you're that dude, aren't you? You're that guy that spends all day calling in to all the radio shows complaining about how much money Pat Summitt makes? I'm surprised they still take your calls. It's laughable... so, um, comic relief I guess.

VN Store

Back