The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

3 years ago today we lost to the evil Canadians in Vancouver. I'm kind of excited for our chances in Sochi, except for, the whole being in Russia thing.

Ill give Nashville the credit they are due, they have been a great young franchise and have accomplished many things in their short time...................but until they at least make it to the Finals, I will still make fun of them...............that and WTF a catfish....seriously?

Congrats on having a decent (not outstanding) all-time record against an expansion team. What is the record over the past say... 5 years or so?

It's so funny all any other fans from opposing teams can say about the preds and their fans is always "dumbass rednecks".

How original.

It's so funny all any other fans from opposing teams can say about the preds and their fans is always "dumbass rednecks".

How original.

you mad?

when that's what they act like, that's what they get called. and trying to copy/modify traditions from detroit makes it even more sad

Surprised Calgary threw an offer sheet at O'Reilly. If I were Colorado I wouldn't match, as the Flames look now, those comp picks might be good ones.

Surprised Calgary threw an offer sheet at O'Reilly. If I were Colorado I wouldn't match, as the Flames look now, those comp picks might be good ones.

Calgary needs centers bad. And with the way they draft they might as well throw some picks away. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Avs match. Sherman let this situation get out of hand.

But I agree with you, if I were CO I'd take those mid to low 1st and 3rds. They will have to dish out quite a bit to Duchene next year.

I can't see them matching at $6.5m, with 2 RFA seasons after the deal, so a tender will have to use that as a baseline. I figure he'll go to Calgary then sign a long term extension in the near future.

I don't see them matching either, but if they did it would just be because Sherman played hard ball and now he looks dumb. But yeah if they don't want to pay $5m it's hard to believe they'd pay $6.5m. I bet he really hates Feaster right now.

Good for O'Reilly though. Centering Iginla should make him look pretty good.

At some point teams are going to have to forget the RFA "Honor Code". Colorado, in my opinion, never considered an offer sheet as a legitimate possibility.

Agreed. They obviously didn't consider it, and signed a player for about $3.5m more than they wanted to.

VN Store

Back