The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

the first row dot eu.

They're solid, per usual. Not on Russia or Canada level IMO, but they'll be there at the end. They've got a dozen or so NHL draft picks, and another dozen that will be eligible in 2013.

the first row dot eu.

They're solid, per usual. Not on Russia or Canada level IMO, but they'll be there at the end. They've got a dozen or so NHL draft picks, and another dozen that will be eligible in 2013.

Thanks for the link. I only have a phone right now, so I hope it works. Russia always has more talent, but they choke somehow. I just hope Finland losses every game.

Poor expansion might kill the NHL. They need to trim the fat of the organizations and franchises that are just simply not making any money.

Poor expansion might kill the NHL. They need to trim the fat of the organizations and franchises that are just simply not making any money.

I saw an idea to move some of the franchises that hasn't worked out.

Move Pheonix to Quebec
Move Tampa to Seatle
Move Carolina to Portland
Move Columbus to KC or just get rid of them.

This could also help realignment.

I don't see KC working either, but who knows. Seattle and Portland do well with the WHL clubs, but so do Red Deer and Moose Jaw.

Markham ON will have a world class arena in a few years, but outside of QC and possibly there, I'd go for contraction rather than relocation.

Cutting it down to a 20 or even 16 team league would be best for the overall health of the NHL imo. There are just way too many insolvent franchises that have been that way for more than a couple of years.

everyone just needs to accept the fact that hockey, in general as a whole, is not a southern sport. it did well with a few "southern" teams who at least at one point were committed to putting out a quality product but it needs to be kept to a minimum.

How in the hell him or McSoarley have not been in jail? Both if those guys did nothing but caused trouble while in the NHL

I'm a big McCarty fan, dude could play the game better than he's credited with. Him beating the living **** out of that cowardly French ****er Lemeiux twice gives him a gold star in my book.

Hope he works his personal problems out and gets on with life. Seems like a good guy.

I'm a big McCarty fan, dude could play the game better than he's credited with. Him beating the living **** out of that cowardly French ****er Lemeiux twice gives him a gold star in my book.

Hope he works his personal problems out and gets on with life. Seems like a good guy.

That whole rivalry was entertaining as hell. He is personally responsible for three goalie fights. I have heard crazy stories about him, I hope Detroit gave him a job after his career was over.

It's tkk bad they couldn't have worked on a new deal during the entire 2011-2012 season. Let the players play, no changes go into action until 30 days after Stanley Cup, and there we go. Let the players play and the fans spend/watch

It's tkk bad they couldn't have worked on a new deal during the entire 2011-2012 season. Let the players play, no changes go into action until 30 days after Stanley Cup, and there we go. Let the players play and the fans spend/watch

Quit making sense.

The owners told Bettman to play hard ball. Now they have finally cracked and now a deal can be done.

The owners told Bettman to play hard ball. Now they have finally cracked and now a deal can be done.

If it gets done this week, I would compare it to World War 1. Lots of unnecessary loss, the boundaries have changed very slightly, and the core problems still exist to be battled over the next time around.

at this point i'd rather give up the rest of the season for a real solution that will last rather than have hockey next week knowing that in 5 years we'll be right back to where we are today

I'd agree most southern teams should shut down, or moved to Canada. The stars probably had the biggest pull in the south. There are a lot of hockey prospects in Texas now.

I'd agree most southern teams should shut down, or moved to Canada. The stars probably had the biggest pull in the south. There are a lot of hockey prospects in Texas now.

The only states that Hockey took off when expansion happened was California and Texas. I don't see the youth programs going on in the South. That is crucial, I remember the Sharks played the Avs in the playoffs, and the big story was a young man on the Avs was from San Jose.

The only states that Hockey took off when expansion happened was California and Texas. I don't see the youth programs going on in the South. That is crucial, I remember the Sharks played the Avs in the playoffs, and the big story was a young man on the Avs was from San Jose.

Nashville had a Jr. national Championship team in hockey this year, does that help my case for them?

VN Store

Back