The National Anthem at the TBA

Because golf and hip hop don't start these dumb little political/racial/patriotism back and forths that annoy the crap out of 90% of people here.

VolNation is a place where we come to ESCAPE this type of discussion. If this is the type of subject matter you wish to discuss head over to CNN.com or Foxnews.com and have at it in the comments section.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you have yours and you've shared it. If someone opposes it doesn't make them wrong.

I've never made it political/racial/patriotic. What opinion am I entitled to?

You haven't been there to witness it, correct?

The two things that interest me are:

1) The uniformity of the non-conformity. Those not placing their hands over their hearts stand together... often in the center of the line. It's not random as how it's been through the years. EVERY OTHER PLAYER, COACH, and MANAGER stands differently than those 4/5.

2). The solidarity of it since it was only CRB's first signing class. The first four (before Kwe joined in for the final game or two) were 100% of what was left of the first signing class... Turner, Alexander, Schofield, and Phillips.

They're doing nothing wrong as long as Barnes is allowing it and I'm within my rights to be inquisitive about whether or not there's a message. I'm interested if there's any relevance as far as team unity and chemistry and respect for Barnes is concerned. That has nothing to do with politics, racism, or patriotism. Those are separate issues that could be debated if the meaning of their actions had some clarity.

Not talking about you exactly. I didn't see you say you won't go to any games if they kneel.

I have never stood at TBA. I have been attending games since I was a kid.

You sit during the NA at the TBA? I've never seen anybody that's able to stand sit during that tradition at the TBA or the SAC. I'm not one that would object if you did though. It's a free country after all.

Guys... again I'm not concerned about the possible underlying politics. I probably didn't even make a post in the Taking a Knee thread in Politics. I'm simply curious if our guys were taking a stand... I'm not debating the merits of their possible stance.

Because golf and hip hop don't start these dumb little political/racial/patriotism back and forths that annoy the crap out of 90% of people here.

VolNation is a place where we come to ESCAPE this type of discussion. If this is the type of subject matter you wish to discuss head over to CNN.com or Foxnews.com and have at it in the comments section.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you have yours and you've shared it. If someone opposes it doesn't make them wrong.
**** golf and hip hop music, and **** you :)

Reactions: 1 person
Don't post on here much at all, but have read many over the years. I noticed the same thing with the 5 you speak of, even mentioned it to my wife when I first noticed it. I have to say, they were far from disrespectful, but with the tone in this country, I was concerned with the potential of it snowballing into something bigger. Thank goodness it didn't. As mentioned in last years post, I myself stand with hat and hand over my heart in honor and respect for those that have fought for my freedom. There are times I stare directly at the flag, while at others I will bow my head and pray for those in harms way. The big issue is, as long as respect is shown. I feel Coach Barnes would have a handle on it before it got out of hand if there were as potential for it to do so. Also, as long as there is no division in the team. Looking forward to basketball this year. Carson Newman game cant come soon enough. ITS GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL. GO BIG ORANGE.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back