The Memphis Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as interested in signing Williams at the expense of Bayless. Granted, Mo is a better player than Bayless and Miller and Q-Pon would share the 2 and 3, but I'd like to see Mo and Bayless paired off the bench. Plus, keeping Bayless only makes our bench that much deeper.

Exactly, and I do not want Miller getting too many minutes so having Bayless and Q to share minutes at the 2 and 3 only helps us.

Agreed. I don't think adding Williams causes is to lose bayless. Don't know what you meant by "at the expense of bayless"

If we sign another PG (Williams or Udrih)..either Wroten is getting traded or calathes is staying in europe

Agreed. I don't think adding Williams causes is to lose bayless. Don't know what you meant by "at the expense of bayless"

If we sign another PG (Williams or Udrih)..either Wroten is getting traded or calathes is staying in europe

I'm meaning "expense of Bayless" if the Grizz sign Williams for 3 mil rather than 2 mil. That would put the Grizz 1 mil over the tax line, if I'm correct.

I'm meaning "expense of Bayless" if the Grizz sign Williams for 3 mil rather than 2 mil. That would put the Grizz 1 mil over the tax line, if I'm correct.

You're correct on the numbers regarding the tax line. I think we would try to dump prince or trade Wroten before getting rid of bayless. Acquiring Williams and calathes makes Wroten expendable and acquiring miller makes TP expendable. Bayless with contribute at the 2 imo (although you could argue Franklin makes him somewhat expendable of you wanted)

I think bayless helps this team (as a 2) and prob won't get the boot. jmo

We are very deep.

That's good, Sith. Pretty funny.

"...'Everybody’s got an off-season routine to keep themselves in shape during the summer. Carmelo Anthony likes to box, Kevin Durant likes to take whimsical bike rides along the rustic Oklahoma countryside, and I like to annihilate pre-adolescent competition in games of aquatic hoops” said the 260-pound NBA power forward..."

Imagine if news breaks that Mo agrees to a deal with the Grizz and then we have the Mike Miller press conference. :dance2:

Conley checks in at #6 of Top 10 PGs

Doolittle of ESPN

6. Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies
Projected 2013-14 WARP: 8.5

ATH sees Conley's 2012-13 season as a career campaign, but he's not likely to regress much. The biggest uptick in his game last year was shot selection, with a 5 percent increase in the portion of his possessions that ended with a 3-point attempt. That kind of wisdom, once gained, is not easily lost.

As soon as the press conference was over, they're back to work on Mo Williams. I wonder where Mo was stashed during this press conference.

I didn't know Miller donated 200k to St. Jude. They named the exercise room there after his boys, Mason and Mavrick.

In all seriousness, how many games would Mo Williams, Bayless, Q, Ed, and Kosta with a bench of Wroten, Miller, and Leuer win? Prob grab the 8 seed in the East ha

Memphis has emerged as the frontrunner for Mo Williams and Calkins says that Mo is likely headed to Memphis.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back