The Meltdown That Is Happening At CatsPause

and I wasn't trying to agitate any of the UK posters on this board...cause they seem like good people..another thing that irked me about my former boss was that he claimed to be a Vols fan in football and a UK in basketball..you can't have it both ways..he and his wife were the sort of "always in networking mode" people they went to multiple Rotary meetings and I'm pretty sure I saw him at my church handing out business cards one Sunday :)

I was never one of these people, but growing up in sports, I knew a ton of people from here in Mid TN that were UT football fans, and UK basketball fans. I'm sure it was the same way in Kentucky too. I'd bet there are tons of Kentuckians that grew up cheering for UK in bball, and for UT in fball.

I have an honest question, and I swear I'm not trying to start an argument. I truly don't understand this latest version of Kentucky during Cal's tenure. Here is the question:
What do you as a fan get out of it?
I mean, it's not like these kids actually have anything to do with Kentucky or the University. They show up and play basketball for a few months and move on. To me it would be like pulling for an AAU team that we just randomly picked at the Y or something. I understand that you win a lot of games and I get that, but next year you'll start all over and won't know who the hell the players are until mid way through the season and a couple of months after that they'll be gone. The minute Cal leaves, even that will be over. Is it really as fun as it used to be? (Again, it might be, I'm just asking).

I think it makes a complete mockery of the notion of the student athlete.

Reactions: 4 people
Really? I thought you had to be a rival to start one of these meltdown threads. You are not a rival to Kentucky. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Why? You guys start football threads on here? :yu:

L'ilCat I was just poking fun with the Robert Morris thing. To the recent discussion, my inlaws have no problem with Calipari's recruiting method. They like hearing all over the media that they have another #1 class coming in every year. They like having 4-5 UK players go to the pros every year. One year or four years at UK means nothing to them. The fact they wore the blue uniform is all that is important to them. And they love Calipari because they are at the forefront of the basketball news constantly.

Really? I thought you had to be a rival to start one of these meltdown threads. You are not a rival to Kentucky. Sorry, that's just how it is.

after that stupid response, I hope you lose, go back on probation..

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
and I wasn't trying to agitate any of the UK posters on this board...cause they seem like good people..another thing that irked me about my former boss was that he claimed to be a Vols fan in football and a UK in basketball..you can't have it both ways..he and his wife were the sort of "always in networking mode" people they went to multiple Rotary meetings and I'm pretty sure I saw him at my church handing out business cards one Sunday :)

Dated a girl who was a UK basketball fan and a UT football fan.

But, the ass was fat, so I let it slide.

Thick women do it better. ;)

Oh, she wasn't thick. I posted pics of her once in a certain thread that may or have may not existed at some point sporting her leopard UT boy shorts and a bikini (she 100% approved, and this is years after we broke up.) She was maybe 110 and 5'4 when we dated, and a good 15 pounds of it was ass. Redhead too, so crazy as hell.

Reactions: 2 people

Every time you log on here to respond, just remind yourself how little your existence means in that moment. Nobody here... not a single Tennessee fan at least, gives a s*** what you have to say. It's not hard to figure out and yet you struggle to do so. You're as nuts as Ashley Judd, ya putz. Take a hint.

Reactions: 8 people
Blazing-Saddles---Excuse-Me-While-I-Whip-This-Out.png

VN Store

Back