The media praises new and improved Butch Jones

I knew he was changing when he hired 3 coaches with HC experience. That is huge imo, and shows he is willing to listen to others. I think he grows a bunch as a HC this fall. I really believe we win 9-10 games. The S/C hire was the best hire in all of CFB. Shoop will have that D playing much better, and that was the reason we lost 3 games last year. Bama just went Bama on us. I feel optimistic this year.

Idk that the defense was to blame in all 3 of those losses. The 7 turnovers are probably more to blame in the A&M game, and a combination of turnovers/lack of offensive production was to blame in the USCjr game. But I agree that Butch's hires give reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Jordan Rodgers: "The thing I love is that I think you're starting to see a transition in him realizing you can't continue to do the same things over and over again and expect a different result and that's obvious in his coaching hires: bringing Brady Hoke on, talking about Fulmer. He's looking for people to invest in this program and teach him how to do it a different way, or see it just slightly different than he does and that's going to create progress and I think they are moving in the right direction, at least within that locker room."

If this is true, then UT may well be on its way to the East championship. I have spoken frequently about the learning curve most coaches endure in the SEC and CBJ is no exception. Some make it; others not. It appears from this bunch that CBJ is past the tipping point and evolving;adopting as he should at this point. Good job CBJ.

CBJ is still growing as a HC of a major program, he needs to accelerate the process. Give that thought a little consideration.

Y'all are nuts. He just repeats firstandforemost..9wins...consecutivebowls...blahblahindividualblahblahButchJones garbage. He even tried saying South Carolina and Vandy were good teams. How is any of that any different than what he's always done.

Yeah... I couldn't tell a difference at all. I'm not saying he's the worst at it, but I don't see what all the "Butch has changed" fuss is.

Reactions: 2 people
after Booger bashed Butch in the morning, he was caught completely off guard when Butch reached across the table with his hand held up and asked Booger to give him some love. Great moment for Butch! (and Booger too)

Reactions: 2 people
I liked the press conference and did notice a slight difference in tone and rhetoric. It was nice to hear. Then I log on here and see a buncha salt lickin negavols trying to bring others down again. smh

Reactions: 1 person
Butch needed a new PR guy in the worst way after what happened at the end of last year. I love our coach. I agree with the analysis that Butch may be turning a corner. Just want it to pay off on the field. Year in and year out, that's where success is measured.

Butch needed a new PR guy in the worst way after what happened at the end of last year. I love our coach. I agree with the analysis that Butch may be turning a corner. Just want it to pay off on the field. Year in and year out, that's where success is measured.

Butch just needs to win. It's all that matters in this business.

If he won the East last year, he either does not say the cheesy cliches or he still says them and nobody really cares.

Reactions: 3 people
Keep in mind, Butch wants to be here. He wants to be Tennessee's coach. He wants to succeed. He wants an indefinite tenure of success. He views Tennessee as his career opportunity. Take the measure of his faults & foibles, strengths & virtues with that in mind.

Reactions: 3 people
Jones is in year 10 of his HC career. He's close to his peak if he isn't there yet.

I went on YouTube to see the media interview. Dialed it up, and started watching. It took me a few minutes before I realized it was a few seasons ago. Then I found the 2017 stuff. Exactly same cliches. I hope Butch is more spontaneous in his coaching, than in his interviews. I just wasted a half hour of precious life, literally getting the same tired aphorisms that we get with every media performance. This guy just doesn't seem all that comfortable in his own skin when he's in front of cameras. So he goes in smiling robot cliche mode. I'll say this for butch, the cliches he churns out have almost become second nature to him, so he focuses on the "smiling" and conversational tone more, leaving the folks on the SECN and ESPN, utterly mesmerized. We at Volnation, know better!

Media loved the spontaneous and Orange dog DOOLEY. Let's go back to that because how he deals with the media is so important. Too bad it is causing such an issue with recruits and their parents. You guys are so smart just like your hero. Good job little Ruckernites. UNITE RUCKERNITES UNITE

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back