The Marquez North Catch

Anyone notice it was pass interference by the defender??? The defender had locked North's right arm down with his left arm, which forced North to go at it one handed (obvious out-of-context)... There was no flag, which would have screwed the Vols had North not made one of the best efforts/catches I've ever seen...

So happy with Butch Jones and this program...
The refs have done their level best to keep Tennessee at the bottom of the conference. So glad we took it out of their hands today.

tencatch.gif
That's a PI all day long.This is why I've been harping on the fact that we should be leaning on our BIG WR's, who have the size to overcome PI and out-muscle/out-jump the smaller DB's. If that play was thrown to J. Johnson or Pig Howard, we lose the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I was the only vol fan in the Atlanta area bar that I was at. Went crazy in front of all the dawg fans that were watching uga-ly lose.

That kid is gonna be a beast! Cant wait to see what he can bring to the Vols

My first game in 8 years. Hell of a game to come back to Neyland.

It is so refreshing to see that North and Sutton, both TRUE freshmen, are the best players on their side of the ball.

I can now say that we have turned the corner. This team has a lot of fight and as Walls said on the radio after the game they would run threw a wall for CBJ. I had a USC fan tell me after the game we had the right man for the job. GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
IF THIS DOESN'T GET IT DRILLED INTO WORLEY'S MIND TO GET. NORTH. THE. DANG. BALL. I don't know will.

He kept going to Croom who just doesn't quite have the explosiveness to be a great wr. It's better for us to have Smith out there Imo. IMHO... I really believe Croom needs to gain a little weight and play te. North, Pig, and Smith, in that order is where worley needs to look on crucial plays

Worley played tough is right!!! He certainly showed some guts!

You're right, I think easy to get lost in these last 2 games is Worley has really made some excellent throws down the field late in games... Obviously, the receivers are helping, but Worley is giving them the chance to make those plays late...

The team is really clicking right now... You can't spell Butch without UT!!!

VN Store

Back