The Marquez North Catch

howie87

Anyone notice it was pass interference by the defender??? The defender had locked North's right arm down with his left arm, which forced North to go at it one handed (obvious out-of-context)... There was no flag, which would have screwed the Vols had North not made one of the best efforts/catches I've ever seen...

So happy with Butch Jones and this program...

Reactions: 13 people
I noticed that it was PI on the defender but North made a helluva catch in spite of it. He made two spectacular catches today.

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest catch in recent Tennessee history, if not ever in my opinion. The play that got the freight train rolling... at a loss for words. Thank you Marquez North for giving your all for Tennessee today, along with the rest of Team 117. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Reactions: 7 people
The play that changed the program

Possibly, but there's a lot of season left, so let's reserve judgement for a couple more games/big plays.

I am extremely pleased about the way the team played today, but I've been saying all season (except for last week) that SC is way over rated.

That catch is going to become a part of the Tennessee lore. I hope it's not the last chapter written by Mr. North.

Reactions: 3 people
i saw a lot of players elevating their game today. Worley played tough and stayed calm. McCullers had some huge plays in the 4th q.

Reactions: 1 person
That catch and Spurrier's inexplicable use of 2 timeouts on a single 4th down play are why we won.

That catch damn well better be #1 on ESPN or it is truly legit they hate us! That kid is a man-child! Worley better start looking for Croom and North more now that he see what they can do! GO VOLS!!

That catch damn well better be #1 on ESPN or it is truly legit they hate us! That kid is a man-child! Worley better start looking for Croom and North more now that he see what they can do! GO VOLS!!

Betcha one of the Clowney plays gets put at #1 instead

tencatch.gif

Reactions: 19 people
That catch was one of the best catches I've seen in a long time. Should make espn top 10. Been waiting a while for a win like this. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol. Go Vols!!!

The biggest catch in recent Tennessee history, if not ever in my opinion. The play that got the freight train rolling... at a loss for words. Thank you Marquez North for giving your all for Tennessee today, along with the rest of Team 117. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Deion Grant's INT vs. Florida in '98 might be a little bigger.

VN Store

Back