The Mandalorian

IMO I don't think they know what they want to do with Grogu. The series was supposed to be about Mando but then all the fans was "Baby Yoda" this and that.

IMO I don't think they know what they want to do with Grogu. The series was supposed to be about Mando but then all the fans was "Baby Yoda" this and that.
I think part of that comes from the traditions (previous controls by Lucas). The yoda species has always been a rare, mysterious, special enigma. They want to stay true to tradition, but they also want him to be a core part of the story. The problem is how can they make him big and fleshed out for a story, without running the mystic. Either way they go they'll have 50% of the fans out for blood.

Sorry, but I thought the finale was awesome.
I felt like it was a build up for a spin off, for sure.

But, the story is just fun. Loved Kurosawa and Spaghetti Westerns... reminds me of that.

add original Sci-Fi, fiction aspects, just fun.

You just dont see it anywhere any more.

I mean, not all movies or shows can be John Wick, pts 1-4.

But, the story is just fun. Loved Kurosawa and Spaghetti Westerns... reminds me of that.

Watched a lot Kurosawa growing up didja?

Yea, lotsa Rashoman & Seven Samurai viewings at the Lakehouse, bru.

Took a class. Still have the text book. 🫤 Like to discuss screen transitions and Toshiro Mifune's impact in Japanese cinema, with the kids.
where did you get those? Laser Disc player? MBN CH$$

Reactions: Jackcrevol

While I like the John Wick movies,not everything needs to be so over the top like that. I agree that Mandalorian gives off heavy spaghetti western vibes. I think that's what drew me more and more into it as I watched it. You could tell they were paying homage to the spaghetti Westerns of old. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here with the show,that's for sure.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
While I like the John Wick movies,not everything needs to be so over the top like that. I agree that Mandalorian gives off heavy spaghetti western vibes. I think that's what drew me more and more into it as I watched it. You could tell they were paying homage to the spaghetti Westerns of old. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here with the show,that's for sure.
I am interested in the CW arc.

Yes, jack black and that fat black woman was riveting.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of this season, but didn’t you say you haven’t actually watched it? The jack black and Lizzo thing was corny and bad, but you’re forming your opinion on an entire season of a show based on a few minutes clip of jack black?

I wasn’t the biggest fan of this season, but didn’t you say you haven’t actually watched it? The jack black and Lizzo thing was corny and bad, but you’re forming your opinion on an entire season of a show based on a few minutes clip of jack black?

Partially, I watched a few clips and episodes. The guests they're inviting just don't fit.

Yes, jack black and that fat black woman was riveting.

Partially, I watched a few clips and episodes. The guests they're inviting just don't fit.

That wasn’t intended to be some epic moment.

There is always a bit of goofyness in Star Wars. It was one episode that was essentially a side adventure. It’s was intended to be lite. Pointless to the season arc? Perhaps. Still am entertaining 40 min.

This reminds me of the backlash to She-Hulk and Megan The Stallion in a post credits scene that was meant to be funny. Why people get hung up on one small thing and use it to form an opinion on 7ish hours of a show is beyond me?

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
I thought the final 2 episodes were good. The series' shine has worn off a bit for me but it's still good. I think they probably need to wrap it up in a season or 2 and let the spinoffs take over but we'll see.

My biggest complaint, though still rather minor, is I wish they'd fix up some of the dialogue, particular Din's. They give him too many "Captain Obvious" lines. Llike last week when they were being attacked and he yelled "It's an ambush!".....yeah thanks Sherlock.

I thought the final 2 episodes were good. The series' shine has worn off a bit for me but it's still good. I think they probably need to wrap it up in a season or 2 and let the spinoffs take over but we'll see.

My biggest complaint, though still rather minor, is I wish they'd fix up some of the dialogue, particular Din's. They give him too many "Captain Obvious" lines. Llike last week when they were being attacked and he yelled "It's an ambush!".....yeah thanks Sherlock.
Its a kids show, technically.

How many Mask, Transformers, and GI Joe
episodes had that kind of dialogue?

There is always a bit of goofyness in Star Wars. It was one episode that was essentially a side adventure. It’s was intended to be lite. Pointless to the season arc? Perhaps. Still am entertaining 40 min.

This reminds me of the backlash to She-Hulk and Megan The Stallion in a post credits scene that was meant to be funny. Why people get hung up on one small thing and use it to form an opinion on 7ish hours of a show is beyond me?
@Mozdukemod just chimed in.

Dude is all about some Zax Hawty Sawce.

I think it was pretty much on par with the first two seasons. It didnt have the surprise factor of seeing baby Yoda for the first time or Boba Fett’s return. Nothing will top the Luke appearance. other waswise the formula was basically the same. Lots lf side missions with only about half the episodes truly devoted to a season arch. The show is purposely structured like an old western or adventure of the week format, at least to some degree.

I do get the criticism that this season did veer from Din and Grogu to focus on the Mandalorians as a whole.

I’ve said it before. It’s like watching people complain about pro wrestling. It’s basically a Western with lasers. Just let it be that and enjoy it.

VN Store

Back