The Mandalorian

Seen some backlash for this episode online.

I get that it was a side quest and the cameos may have come across as gratuitous but I thought it was quite fun. My kids had no idea who the cameos were. They loved the Droid cantina. Even my wife only recognized Christopher Lloyd.

Side quest are just part of this show. I actually enjoy the monster of the week format. It’s very comic booky.
it's a unique thing, genuine original fiction.

I don’t know why people can’t just take it at face value and be entertained rather than constantly evaluate where the story should go.

I mean I agree in a sense and fans get way too bold in thinking they have some right in dictating where the story goes, but I also think there are still legit criticisms of the show.

I'm glad some people loved the cameos, but I found them more distracting and gimmicky than adding to the story. I love Jack Black....but he was being Jack Black....in the SW universe. Christopher Lloyd's was not as distracting because it wasn't like he was doing any Doc Brown mannerisms or anything like that, he was just playing an old villianous dude.

I mean I agree in a sense and fans get way too bold in thinking they have some right in dictating where the story goes, but I also think there are still legit criticisms of the show.

I'm glad some people loved the cameos, but I found them more distracting and gimmicky than adding to the story. I love Jack Black....but he was being Jack Black....in the SW universe. Christopher Lloyd's was not as distracting because it wasn't like he was doing any Doc Brown mannerisms or anything like that, he was just playing an old villianous dude.

I get that.

This episode reminded me of a “filler” Clone Wars episode. Black and Lizzo were pretty inline with some of the more comical dignitaries of that show. I thought Black was pretty good. He didn’t go total cartoon character. Lizzo wasn’t great at delivering her lines. Lloyd was solid though.

Definitely flaws in the series but it’s a lot of fun and therefore entertaining.

Bill Burr was being Bill Burr as Mayfeld is one of my favorite characters from the show. Maybe they tried that same route with Jack Black.

Bill Burr was being Bill Burr as Mayfeld is one of my favorite characters from the show. Maybe they tried that same route with Jack Black.
Yeah but for some wacky reason, Bill Burr in that universe makes sense to me. Don't ask me why, but it does. Jack Black, not so much. Lizzo? Don't even get me started!

Yeah but for some wacky reason, Bill Burr in that universe makes sense to me. Don't ask me why, but it does. Jack Black, not so much. Lizzo? Don't even get me started!

We are talking about the same universe with Gungans right?

Bill Burr was still mostly Burr but he was different enough that it felt like it fit. Maybe because he was given more to do.

So how we feeling about that finale?
I'm good with it. I think this season they spread it a little thin. They were trying set up too much for the future and neglected the present. That said I think the season finale was a end of a chapter. It was a surprise, none of the internet fan sites had any of it right. I think it ended the Mando /Trawn story well enough. I think next season they're going to go back to the bounty hunter mando like season 1. Go back to being more about the adventures/ journey of Mando and Grogu. I think other than a cameo/ cross over, I think the majority of the big picture "Thrawn " stuff will be concentrated on the other shows.

I'm good with it. I think this season they spread it a little thin. They were trying set up too much for the future and neglected the present. That said I think the season finale was a end of a chapter. It was a surprise, none of the internet fan sites had any of it right. I think it ended the Mando /Trawn story well enough. I think next season they're going to go back to the bounty hunter mando like season 1. Go back to being more about the adventures/ journey of Mando and Grogu. I think other than a cameo/ cross over, I think the majority of the big picture "Thrawn " stuff will be concentrated on the other shows.
Def feels like Thrawn story will be more along side the Jedi world, which is my recollection from books.

Mando getting back to gunslinger western roots.

Bocatan likely get her own spinoff.

Either way, I enjoyed the season immensely.

VN Store

Back