The Majesty of Atlanta Falcons Football

I just watched the interview of Jameis Winston yesterday on the Dan Patrick show. He was explaining his decision to defy his coaches order to take a knee. I must say, I have seen some very stupid people in my life. This moron makes some of the dumbest people in history look like Albert Einstein. To see someone keep "apologizing" for running a play into a defense that was expecting a kneel down by DOUBLING DOWN that he made the RIGHT decision?!?!?! I hope crab legs don't eat brain cells.
It's like the bushiest bush league move ever . . . and Jameis was exactly the QB for the job.

Reactions: Volprofch05
It amazes me that they've hitched their wagon to Ritter and not brought in a better insurance policy than Taylor Heinicke. Pitts and Robinson are matchup nightmares with slightly competent QB play.
Man . . . It's like I'm some kind of a see-er or something lol.

Still blows my mind how the front office let this happen. It had to be obvious by week 2 or training camp that Desmond Ritter wasn't that dude.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Man . . . It's like I'm some kind of a see-er or something lol.

Still blows my mind how the front office let this happen. It had to be obvious by week 2 or training camp that Desmond Ritter wasn't that dude
AGREE! Terry Fontenot needs to get his walking papers ASAP. I really hate it for Arthur Smith though. He coached a team for three years that had EVERYTHING... except a serviceable quarterback.

Reactions: Volfan1000
AGREE! Terry Fontenot needs to get his walking papers ASAP. I really hate it for Arthur Smith though. He coached a team for three years that had EVERYTHING... except a serviceable quarterback.

NFL Network showed owner Arthur Blank's press conference in which he said that the Falcons were going to be thorough in their next coaching search,

NFL Network analyst Leslie Vincent threw shade at the Falcons and said that they are never very transparent with potential head coaching candidates about whether they want an offensive or defensive minded head coach and Vincent said that he has interviewed in the past with McKay and Blank.

Fontenot might not have a big voice in this coaching search per NFL Network.

NFL Network showed owner Arthur Blank's press conference in which he said that the Falcons were going to be thorough in their next coaching search,

NFL Network analyst Leslie Vincent threw shade at the Falcons and said that they are never very transparent with potential head coaching candidates about whether they want an offensive or defensive minded head coach and Vincent said that he has interviewed in the past with McKay and Blank.

Fontenot might not have a big voice in this coaching search per NFL Network.
I don't know how Rich McKay has a job. It's unreal how he's escaped all blame for years.

I DO NOT WANT BILL BELICHICK AS A POTENTIAL HEAD COACHING CANDIDATE if he is fired in New England.

That is a short term fix.

I don't know how Rich McKay has a job. It's unreal how he's escaped all blame for years.
Is he just really tight personally with Blank? He's also been on the Competition Committee for 30 years. That's the only explanation. It's how Howie Roseman stuck around in Philly during all those lean years, although people don't hate on him as much anymore for obvious reasons.

Right now I would put ATL right up there with Seattle as best openings. If Philly or Dallas comes open then it's suddenly 3rd or 4th. However, I don't think Harbaugh would work for Jerry Jones.

Blank gives his coaches whatever they need to build solid rosters and he stays out of the head coach's hair and lets him run his team.

Bill Belichick will likely be named as the Falcons's head coach sometime next week and I did not know that he has a long history with CEO Rich McKay.

Blank gives his coaches whatever they need to build solid rosters and he stays out of the head coach's hair and lets him run his team.
So, the reason the Falcons always suck is that Blank just makes horrific decisions in hiring his head coach and GM?

I'm not sure how I feel about Arthur Blank. Part of me wants to think he's a really good owner. He has structure in place, has surrounded himself with good football people over the years/doesn't meddle in decision-making, and isn't afraid to spend money. However, he doesn't really have results to show for it.

Per Falcons Chat on the Chat Sports Channel on You Tube, former Titans head coach Mike Vrabel will interview with Atlanta on Wednesday while it is a 50-50 chance that Bill Belichick takes the Atlanta job even though Blank desperately wants Belichick to take the job.

VN Store

Back