The Majesty of Atlanta Falcons Football

8-8 if Harrington can throw it enough to keep defenses honest and the o-line makes the transition away from the zone blocking schemes.

the run blocking is the worst

we can't get a yard on 3rd and 1

That tends to happen when you take an undersized o-line and tell them to stop cut blocking and go more to a straight ahead power scheme . . . see 2006 Tennessee Vols.

it's so frustrating cuz they were back to back rushing champs before last year's embarrassment

Having a QB who runs a 4.3 and is always a threat to run the keep will cover a lot of inadequacies on the o-line as well. The Falcons have gone about 5 years without having to block the backside DE because he was always staying home in case Vick too off.

they will have to be a pass first team to set up the run this year

I like the 5-wide they ran against Cincy....more people to guard and less pressure on Joey Heisman

Having a QB who runs a 4.3 and is always a threat to run the keep will cover a lot of inadequacies on the o-line as well. The Falcons have gone about 5 years without having to block the backside DE because he was always staying home in case Vick too off.
Bingo....and that's why ATL has led the league in rushing of late.....i just can't see them being all that great with that signficant of a change at the qb spot, when that qb was SO dynamic.

and then you got to wonder about the WR's and JH hooking up...it's not like the ATL WR's have been able to light up the stat board in recent years....

anything can happen, they do have to play the games afterall, but i just can't see ATL as a realistic playoff or division contender this year.......

The WR's bombed over the years because they get no play time. All they've been are downfield distractions. They run around doing dances pretending like they are relevant to the team. You tend to forget how to catch the ball when no one throws to you.

The WR's bombed over the years because they get no play time. All they've been are downfield distractions. They run around doing dances pretending like they are relevant to the team. You tend to forget how to catch the ball when no one throws to you.
i certainly won't disagree.....

I was thoroughly impressed with Harrington. Looks like there's hope after all.

We should start a new thread on the Falcons BUT you can never use Vicks name. I wonder how long it would last?

wouldn't last with me, I still am a Vick fan

and No, I don't condone dogfighting...I'm just a fan of him as a player, and as a Christian I am rooting for him to turn it around

Trying to get caught up on what went on during the 10 days I was in California, and I notice that A) Byron Leftwich was dumped by Jacksonville, and B) the Falcons have no interest in him. Wonder why? I've never been impressed, but it's not exactly like the Falcons are swimming in quarterbacks right now.

VN Store

Back