The Majesty of Atlanta Falcons Football

Well, tonight's preseason game was yet another reminder of why NFL tems are jackasses for making their season ticket holders buy all the preseason games at full regular-season prices. It's been ugly. They should really charge no more than $15 for these games.

However, Jason Snelling looked pretty good on that first drive, and he IS the kind of big, brusing back Petrino likes.

Shockley's injury looked fairly bad.

Price is gone and we got nobody else to catch. .

I hate to say it, but Price was utterly worthless as a #1 receiver. The addition of Joe Horn ought to help out a lot, and we know Algee Crumpler can go get it. If Roddy White or Michael Jenkins could perform marginally the receivers should be the least of the Falcons worries.

Do any of the Falcons brass have Schaub trade regret?

None has been expressed publicly, and honestly, they may not really have much. They're very high on Justin Blaylock, the OT they drafted with the pick they got in the Schaub trade, and they don't think Jamaal Anderson (the DE they took in the first round) would have still been on the board if they hadn't moved up. There's no question they got great value for a backup quarterback who'd never won a game.

Now would they have made the trade if all this had happened first? Probably not.

I hate to say it, but Price was utterly worthless as a #1 receiver. The addition of Joe Horn ought to help out a lot, and we know Algee Crumpler can go get it. If Roddy White or Michael Jenkins could perform marginally the receivers should be the least of the Falcons worries.

Yeah, Price was disappointingly useless. I was glad when he came here, and then glad again when he left.

Hasn't Redmond pretty much already passed him on the depth chart anyway?

He has. For awhile Petrino really liked Shockley's mobility, but lately it's looked like Shockley was going to be the #3 anyway. The only way the injury will matter (to anybody but Shockley, of course) is if he ends up out long enough that the Falcons have to go get yet another body off the scrap heap.

Shockley is out for the year, so now the Falcons are going to have to sign another quarterback. Let's all hope that Hat's Jeff George joke does not prove to have been prescient...

Still some pride in the ATL

24-19

Still got D-Hall, Jimmy Williams, Warrick Dunn, Jerius Norwood, Joe Horn, and your home boy Alge Crumpler

Roddy White is still ballz....catch a freakin' pass, son

Go Falcons

HA HA

that guy is coaching at Portland State now

i'm liking what I see from Petrino so far, Falcons are showing class and the media can just go stick it

How bout your boy June Jones at Hawaii?

I miss the Ray Buchanan days

Had Mr. Hall spent as much time studying up on Johnson as he did shaving his head, he might have gotten a little closer. This kid's mouth is by far much bigger than his talent.

Props to Joey though. I honestly hope this team does far better than last year just for the sake of showing this team is more than just Vick. These past few years we've had Vick shoved down our throats. You'd think there was not a single bit of talent anywhere else on the team.

Here's to shocking the NFL this year.

Any bets Brohm will be here next year? I wonder if they will hold off on QB's until then or go for someone now. I'm not sure who is floating around now.

As I said on another topic, if Hall spent as much time reading up on Chad Johnson as he did on his hair last night he might have not been burned so bad....maybe second degree rather than third degree.

big Falcons fan here...

I like what I see from Joey Heisman so far

Thought Shockley would've been a good change of pace guy....was having a good drive til he messed up that leg

Any bets Brohm will be here next year? I wonder if they will hold off on QB's until then or go for someone now. I'm not sure who is floating around now.

As I said on another topic, if Hall spent as much time reading up on Chad Johnson as he did on his hair last night he might have not been burned so bad....maybe second degree rather than third degree.

D-Hall got on my nerves so bad last year
They would've beat Dallas if it wasn't for him giving free passes to the end Zone

D Hall is definitely more talk than walk.

I really like our offense, but the D...even though it's talented...underachieves...and they give up too many dang 3rd Down conversions!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Falcons are gona shock the world...

you remember that SEC East Championship in 2004?
ya wouldn't have that w/out B-Schaeffer
Plus, he just looked good in his uni

VN Store

Back