The last thing you purchased

I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Is it expensive?

The leather seats that katzskins make is $795 for the set (2 front covers and the rear beanch seats, and head rest)...

Then $100 to $200 for installation, depending on the shop you go too..

The dealer got me down to the $100 by sending me to the shop they use. Leather as a factory option was $1100

Did you serve?

I've been really surprised how much USAA has been advertising.

you probably already know, but if any of your family served they will let you join..

i've used them since '89, for banking and insurance and they've always been great

My father in law was in the army and he's a member. They wanted my wife's info first and they asked if she was the biological daughter of my FIL.

you probably already know, but if any of your family served they will let you join..

i've used them since '89, for banking and insurance and they've always been great

I find that military-focused companies offer the best services especially for the money.

My mortgage is through NFCU who I bank with. And my homeowners insurance is with Armed Forces Insurance. Of course auto insurance through USAA. If I didn't trade as actively as I do I would probably switch my brokerage services to them too.

I don't know a lot about usaa and right now I'm joining and moving my auto and homeowners over there. I'm guessing they do mortgages too?

11-163-166-TS

now to just buy the parts to fill it

Pinewood Derby Weights and Scales

got the Zinc round type. Not from this site. 3 in a pack cost about $4. Hobby Town USA. The tungsten is expensive.

We tried the screw on tapered last year. Not enough clearance on the bottom of the car.

oh, I drilled into the back and bottom and glued the sinkers in...I have a little exposed on the bottom, but plan on having my son file it down...So it's smooth

I needed to add, about 2.8z, to get to the 5z, so it was difficult finding the space...I was trying to avoid just sticking weight to the top of the car..

however a co-worker told me that he had a guy win his last year, and all he did was add the excat weight to get to 5 oz's stuck on top of the car, right above the back axles...

This is our first one Sunday, so I'm anxious to see what all shows up and how we do..

Last edited:

VN Store

Back