The Last Ship.

He already nuked Paris/France in the "Pilot" episode so I would say he wasn't bluffing.

There is the "Helo" where have you been? Watched the last two episodes last night I'm glad they finally got rid of the Russians at least for now. Looking forward to how the season wraps up.

Really enjoying this show it reminds of some of the fun action shows I grew up on as a kid in the 80's & early 90's.

I've seen all the episodes and I am a fan. I also understand your position on it. I'm just thinking that after Armageddon, people would tend to come together as kindred spirits, rather than enemies. Personally, some renegade, armed w/ nukes that is willing to destroy a whole bunch of people in a post-apocalyptic world seems far-fetched.

This was the first episode that I think I've had a problem with. Everybody that they run into back in Maryland is nuts, one guy with a hand gun takes over a navy destroyer, and they're burning bodies for fuel. :crazy:

This was the first episode that I think I've had a problem with. Everybody that they run into back in Maryland is nuts, one guy with a hand gun takes over a navy destroyer,
Do you watch The Walking Dead?? This is the equivalent of the zombie apocalypse every survivor is going to be armed someway and have an agenda of there own!

It wasn't one guy several of those State Troopers were on the ship armed and the Navy personnel wasn't.

It was a nice twist with the girls mom end up being the bad guy and the rebels being the good guys.

and they're burning bodies for fuel. :crazy:
What else would you do with thousands of bodies?

Can't believe we have to wait nearly 11 months till season 2! :realmad:

Do you watch The Walking Dead?? This is the equivalent of the zombie apocalypse every survivor is going to be armed someway and have an agenda of there own!

It wasn't one guy several of those State Troopers were on the ship armed and the Navy personnel wasn't.

It was a nice twist with the girls mom end up being the bad guy and the rebels being the good guys.

What else would you do with thousands of bodies?

Can't believe we have to wait nearly 11 months till season 2! :realmad:

It's just hokey. Ever heard of mass graves?

I definitely liked the good guy/bad guy twist, although I have some question about who the trooper on the Nathan James is really working for, as well as the sniper (that has connections on the inside) that couldn't get a shot on the lady. Everybody is scattered about and have varying levels of knowledge about what's going down.

As far as burning the bodies to power the city, I wouldn't think that a human body would be a very efficient source of heat/fuel, but I do think that burning the bodies vs. mass grave would be the best way to go about getting rid of the corpses. Burying them would contaminate water supplies.

I definitely liked the good guy/bad guy twist, although I have some question about who the trooper on the Nathan James is really working for, as well as the sniper (that has connections on the inside) that couldn't get a shot on the lady. Everybody is scattered about and have varying levels of knowledge about what's going down.

As far as burning the bodies to power the city, I wouldn't think that a human body would be a very efficient source of heat/fuel, but I do think that burning the bodies vs. mass grave would be the best way to go about getting rid of the corpses. Burying them would contaminate water supplies.
They weren't powering the city just that high tech building where the lady took them with the labs etc..

The Captain asked about the power and she said something about a direct line from one of the last functioning coal fired power plants. He found there burning bodies not coal.

As viewers, we know that some things we just have to take on faith. We readily accept some odd things. After all, any first-year writer knows that conflict = drama. I started losing the sense of credibility in the script with the evil Russian captain. But then, one would think, in a post-apocalyptic world, there has to be some scrambling for power. So why not? After all, it's a tv show, so just accept it.
Now, they introduce Alfre Woodard's character into the mix, who is willing to sacrifice remaining Americans so that she can power a lab that, in a world where there are supposed to be almost vacant of living humans we find a city populated heavily. There is also a renegade 'gang' that wants to destroy the lab, and the cure.
A couple of cops hijack a US Navy Destroyer with handguns without sounding general quarters. Someone rushes the dude w/ the gun, they struggle, and he gets shot without a bunch of hard-ass sailors jumping all over him and his cohorts. It's tv - just accept it.
Then we find out that they are actually using the bodies of those that 'fre Woodard's character exterminated to fuel the lab, despite the fact it would take more fuel to burn the bodies than they would themselves produce. Are all the trees dead from the virus? All the better - seasoned wood.
This show has some good drama. It's entertaining. I'm basically hooked, but would like to see a little fewer plot holes and more credibility.

As viewers, we know that some things we just have to take on faith. We readily accept some odd things. After all, any first-year writer knows that conflict = drama. I started losing the sense of credibility in the script with the evil Russian captain. But then, one would think, in a post-apocalyptic world, there has to be some scrambling for power. So why not? After all, it's a tv show, so just accept it.
Now, they introduce Alfre Woodard's character into the mix, who is willing to sacrifice remaining Americans so that she can power a lab that, in a world where there are supposed to be almost vacant of living humans we find a city populated heavily. There is also a renegade 'gang' that wants to destroy the lab, and the cure.
A couple of cops hijack a US Navy Destroyer with handguns without sounding general quarters. Someone rushes the dude w/ the gun, they struggle, and he gets shot without a bunch of hard-ass sailors jumping all over him and his cohorts. It's tv - just accept it.
Then we find out that they are actually using the bodies of those that 'fre Woodard's character exterminated to fuel the lab, despite the fact it would take more fuel to burn the bodies than they would themselves produce. Are all the trees dead from the virus? All the better - seasoned wood.
This show has some good drama. It's entertaining. I'm basically hooked, but would like to see a little fewer plot holes and more credibility.

I ask similar questions about the glaring inconsistencies in the world of "The Walking Dead".

The universal answer seems to be to turn up my willing suspension of disbelief.

Reactions: 1 person
I ask similar questions about the glaring inconsistencies in the world of "The Walking Dead".

Good point. As a writer, I should understand that there's a REASON the writers of The Last Ship have a successful tv show and I don't. Just bring conflict/drama. Viewers will typically buy it. Didn't ever once occur to me that a man of steel couldn't possibly fly, but I bought into Superman all the way.

I happily let go of some of the things that went on on the ship before it made it back to the US. Nothing about the show really bothered me until that last episode. They honestly didn't need all the craziness that went on in that last episode, they could have kept it far more simple and it would still have been just as good.

I'd be curious as to what questions you had about The Walking Dead?

I can't sleep, come tell me a bedtime story lol

Dude, you're spamming threads with the same comment. Put down the liquor bottle. I'd rather not see you banned. :)

Stop inviting me to your bed, it's not going to happen. I'm in high demand right now.

Dude, you're spamming threads with the same comment. Put down the liquor bottle. I'd rather not see you banned. :)

Stop inviting me to your bed, it's not going to happen. I'm in high demand right now.

You ma'am are not VFL obviously.

Plus it's much better than the time I spammed 50 threads with "Birdman Birdman"

Tania Raymonde Joins ‘The Last Ship’

Tania Raymonde Joins ‘The Last Ship’

Tania Raymonde, is set for a recurring role on the second season of TNT’s action drama The Last Ship. She will play Domino, a genius, edgy and attractive hacker who has lived off the grid and will become an asset to the crew of the ship. Raymond, who has an option to become a regular on the show, is with ABA and Primary Wave.

That Izabella Miko is smoking! She can be on Chicago Fire every episode for all I care.

Reactions: 1 person
Descent | The Last Ship | TNT
Season 2 of The Last Ship premieres Sunday, June 21 at 9/8c on TNT!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbz1CLcQ51Q[/youtube]

I'm looking forward to this series returning. I really enjoyed Season 1.

I just wonder how much different it will be with them off the ship now. At least it seems like they are headed that direction based on the previews.

VN Store

Back