The Jungle Book

I think it looks pretty good. I'd like to see some more of Bill Murry's voice in the trailer though.

I think it looks pretty good. I'd like to see some more of Bill Murry's voice in the trailer though.

Sadly, Bill's voice won't come close to Phil Harris'. Just not going to top that voice over performance and singing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o[/youtube]

Just found this news...
"And while Favreau has previously stated that he does not want to completely replicate the beloved animated version, he has promised that Bill Murray will sing Baloo’s famous song, "The Bare Necessities"."

Looks interesting... Glad they are going a more serious route and leaving the original alone

The voice talent in this is crazy good!

THE JUNGLE BOOK Extended TV Spot - Trust
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBfyr3Z8d78[/youtube]

Saw that trailer today when I took my kids to see Zootopia.

I doubt I'll make it to the theatre for this but I do think it looks really good.

Just took the wife and kid to see it. It was great, we all loved it. It is definitely different than the old Disney animated movie, but the took it in great direction. The only thing I didn't care for was King Louie, I thought it was a little over the top, but not badly so. I will say the stuff as the credits roll was interesting in the 3D.

Just took the wife and kid to see it. It was great, we all loved it. It is definitely different than the old Disney animated movie, but the took it in great direction. The only thing I didn't care for was King Louie, I thought it was a little over the top, but not badly so. I will say the stuff as the credits roll was interesting in the 3D.

Wasn't a fan of King Louie in the trailers . He wasn't King Louie imo

Heard they changed the story..possibly setting up for a sequel? That said I heard that the CGI/live action combo was awesome..We are going to an autism sensory reduced showing next weekend

Wasn't a fan of King Louie in the trailers . He wasn't King Louie imo

The character and who they had playing it was great, but
the actual animal was like the 2nd coming of king kong, like wtf. They kinda did the same thing with Kaa, but to me at least it wasn't as glaring.

My wife and I were going ot take our kids (ages 4 and 6) on Friday but several people insisted that it was too intense for them. We stayed home and rented "Road Chip" instead. Eeesh!

The character and who they had playing it was great, but
the actual animal was like the 2nd coming of king kong, like wtf. They kinda did the same thing with Kaa, but to me at least it wasn't as glaring.

I thought that from the preview as well.

My wife and I were going ot take our kids (ages 4 and 6) on Friday but several people insisted that it was too intense for them. We stayed home and rented "Road Chip" instead. Eeesh!

My son is 7 and it seemed fine for him. It should be fine for the 6 y/o, but might be borderline for your other child.

I enjoyed it, it met my expectations and I'd recommend others see it. I enjoyed Mowgli, shere Khan, Bageerah, and raksha. I was disappointed with King Louie and baloo. Bill Murray can't sing, Walkin signing isn't good either. Also, the thing I take away from the original movies is the music. This movie is no where close as good musically and it could have really put it over the top of it were. Further more, Kaa appears for what? 5 min? They go to the trouble of making Kaa a female and she's only around for 5 min? The special effects were amazing. I'm really impressed with how far we've come in the last 10 years. Idris Elba is badass. B+

Just got out of this movie. Really liked it. Bill Murray as Balloo was great.

Side note. I ended up sitting beside Trooper Taylor. Cool story, huh?

Reactions: 1 person
why does everything have to be turned into CGI action insanity?

Grumpy old man here.

I feel you. But I suppose for children's movies that are cartoonish or animated to begin with, CGI isn't that big of a deal. But for an adult movie, it really just looks awful at times.

VN Store

Back