The Hunting Thread

Opening day, mañana. Loves me some dove hunting.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Crows,doves,rabbits & squirrels. Used to quail hunt when I was younger, but those days are long gone.

Dove hunting, turkey hunting, fishing with a six pack of coors & been wanting to go quail hunting very badly lol !!!!! One things for sure you won't see any yuppies on this thread but I could be very wrong lol
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dont know if you guys had seen this study that came out, it might explain the psychology of hunting. You can read more about the disorder here: Dimunitive Male Genitalia Disorder Just for the record, I'm a non-hunter.

NEW STUDY LINKS HUNTING TO SMALL PENIS SIZE

Research Center Concludes That Hunters ‘Compensate’ for Diminutive Genitalia by Acting Out Domination Fantasies

For Immediate Release:

April 1, 2005
Justin Jest 757-622-7382 x8108
Norfolk, Va. — While the results of the research are preliminary, scientists at the Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder Research Organization have discovered a genetic link between small penis size and the thrill of the hunt. The organization recently began to tabulate data from a two-year study of men with Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder (DMGD) and has posted the results on its Web site, DMGD.org.
The subjects of the study varied from men with a slight abnormality in penis size to men with pubis innius, a term for an inverted male pubic region. By tracing what has been identified as the "DMGD gene," an abnormality in the 21st chromosome was discovered. Researchers found that this abnormality appears to be consistently linked to two traits: abnormally small male reproductive organs and the ability to derive joy from killing, which starts with hunting small game and, in isolated instances, can manifest itself in homicidal acts. Research team leader Dr. Brian Upchurch and his colleagues in New Orleans, La., plan to investigate whether DMGD was a factor in the 2004 Sawyer County, Wis., incident in which a deer hunter went on a rampage and killed six other hunters.
"These findings confirm what we have believed for a long time: Hunters just don’t measure up," says PETA’s Justin Jest. "They are apparently overcompensating for their failure to hit the mark in the bedroom by blowing small animals away in the woods."
PETA intends to incorporate the findings of the study into campaign materials to combat hunting.

Last edited:
Dont know if you guys had seen this study that came out, it might explain the psychology of hunting. You can read more about the disorder here: Dimunitive Male Genitalia Disorder Just for the record, I'm a non-hunter.

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

As a joke that's positively hilarious. It's factually garbage of course, but that doesn't keep it from being funny. Functionally no different than any number of amusing observations/accusations leveled against PETA types by those that don't share their view of things.

You're probably in denial. But how do you dismiss that "Staggering" correlation between penis size and the thrill of the hunt they found?

Last edited:
You're probably in denial. But how do you dismiss that "Staggering" correlation between penis size and the thrill of the hunt they found?

Positively reeks of post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Even if one were to assume there is some legitimacy to this(Has this been peer reviewed? Will it be?), as Justin states, these people are sadists. Whether they get their thrills from trapping stray cats or hunting or buying hamsters from the local pet store to dismember is irrelevant.

At best (or worst, depending on one's view I suppose) sadism of this type might be a predicator to using "hunting" as a means of release. OTOH there is no way to correlate that any given hunter, merely by being a hunter, would indicate they are this kind of sadist. It is this last logical fallacy that the PETA types would attempt to sell. Again, post hoc ergo propter hoc.

You're talking about sadists, not hunters.

Positively reeks of post hoc ergo propter hoc. At best (or worst, depending on one's view I suppose) sadism of this type might be a predicator to using "hunting" as a means of release. OTOH there is no way to correlate that any given hunter, merely by being a hunter, would indicate they are this kind of sadist. It is this last logical fallacy that the PETA types would attempt to sell. Again, post hoc ergo propter hoc.

But what about their "staggering" evidence from their 2 year study that hunter = small penis?
Diminutive male genitalia disorder (DMGD) has, until this month, been considered only a theory in the scientific world, but now the long-suspected link between hunting and unusually small penis size has been established as scientific fact by the Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder Research Organization (DMGDRO).

The DMGDRO has conducted an extensive two-year study on men with diminutive male genitalia disorder.
Lead by Mike Streams and Brian Upchurch, who began their collaboration on human sexuality research while undergraduate students at Johns Hopkins University, DMGDRO is a team of New Orleans, Louisiana-based scientists interested in the study of male sexual disorders and dysfunction. Having identified the genetic disorder linking small male reproductive organs and the ability to derive pleasurable sensations from killing in a controlled environment without fear of personal harm (as differentiated from war or fighting back in an attack by a human being), also known as “controlled victim” aggression manifestation, Streams and Upchurch believe that there may be ways to combat men's feelings of inadequacy and curb some of the destructive behaviors that such men engage in as coping mechanisms.

“It's really quite interesting,” Dr. Streams says. “Like much folklore, it appears that, certainly in this case, there is a foundation in fact. This is the first time that research has been conducted on men who hunt, and it shows quite definitively that the link between what we are calling ‘the thrill of the kill' and a smaller-than-average penis is statistically significant."

Initial tests conducted on mice and rabbits proved inconclusive, but subsequent human test subjects showed what Dr. Upchurch calls “staggering results.” The subjects ranged from having a slight abnormality in penis size to a “pubis innyus” or inverted male pubic region. As data were gathered, the numbers revealed a discrepancy so great that it seemed to suggest a genetic mutation. By tracing what has been identified as the “DMGD gene,” an abnormality was discovered on the 21 st chromosome. Further investigation proved that this abnormality is consistently linked to two traits: abnormally small reproductive organs and “controlled victim” aggression manifestation. Drs. Streams and Upchurch and their colleagues theorize that an extreme case of DMGD may have been to blame in the 2004 Sawyer County, Wisconsin, incident in which a hunter went on a rampage, shooting at a group of other hunters and killing six of them.

Reaction from participants has been positive, and subjects described the results as liberating and a relief to finally be able to label their problem as a legitimate medical disorder.
Dr. Upchurch reports, “The first step in the treatment of a disorder is to understand its origins. We are pleased to have crossed that important threshold.”
http://dmgd.org/

Last edited:
I'm not surprised you can't comprehend what you posted oklavol.

He didn't even comprehend what I said. What he posted makes NO correlation between hunting and having small hardware. It's a study that tries to show how some really sick people with small hardware may take their issues out on animals. This "may" include hunting. (For instance, how many of these people in NYC hunt, or even own weapons for that matter?)

To argue that being a hunter is a de facto predictor, much less proof, they suffer from this affliction is the same kind of logic used if one observed the Lakers playing golf and extrapolated that golfers were tall.

He didn't even comprehend what I said. What he posted makes NO correlation between hunting and having small hardware. It's a study that tries to show how some really sick people with small hardware may take their issues out on animals. This "may" include hunting. (For instance, how many of these people in NYC hunt, or even own weapons for that matter?)

To argue that being a hunter is a de facto predictor, much less proof, they suffer from this affliction is the same kind of logic used if one observed the Lakers playing golf and extrapolated that golfers were tall.

You might have missed the first paragraph:

Diminutive male genitalia disorder (DMGD) has, until this month, been considered only a theory in the scientific world, but now the long-suspected link between hunting and unusually small penis size has been established as scientific fact by the Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder Research Organization (DMGDRO).

Last edited:
You might have missed the first paragraph:

Apparently Justin had you pegged. That "quote" doesn't come from the study cited, it's comes from the person doing the citing. That person is Justin Jest, a freaking PETA spokesperson. If you actually bothered to read the information from the study and not an agenda mouthpiece you'd have discovered the study ONLY concerned itself with those suffering from the particular chromosonal disorder in question. No attempt is made to address the general hunting population in an even ancillary capacity.

The overwhelming majority of people I know that hunt, myself included, started doing so at an age when girls still had cooties and the biggest concern they had about their junk was not getting it caught in zippers.

If you were trying to be funny the original post did make me laugh. (PETA stuff tends to do that, though I don't know how they're going to top trying to call fish "sea kittens") If you're still actually trying to pursue this as something that remotely resembles an accurate presentation of the cited study and not a nakedly biased hit-piece you are being obtuse in the extreme.

Apparently Justin had you pegged. That "quote" doesn't come from the study cited, it's comes from the person doing the citing. That person is Justin Jest, a freaking PETA spokesperson. If you actually bothered to read the information from the study and not an agenda mouthpiece you'd have discovered the study ONLY concerned itself with those suffering from the particular chromosonal disorder in question. No attempt is made to address the general hunting population in an even ancillary capacity.

The overwhelming majority of people I know that hunt, myself included, started doing so at an age when girls still had cooties and the biggest concern they had about their junk was not getting it caught in zippers.

If you were trying to be funny the original post did make me laugh. (PETA stuff tends to do that, though I don't know how they're going to top trying to call fish "sea kittens") If you're still actually trying to pursue this as something that remotely resembles an accurate presentation of the cited study and not a nakedly biased hit-piece you are being obtuse in the extreme.

Well to be honest, it is difficult for me to open this thread without immediately bursting out in uncontrollable laughter.

I am a hunter.

I am probably at least partially a yuppie.

I am adequately endowed.

I am confused.

VN Store

Back