The hire Al Golden Thread

I'd take Bobby Petrino over Golden and not think twice about it.. In fact... Since the Gruden pipe dream is looking more and more like a pipe dream, Petrino is the best coach left out there.. Bob Stoops isn't coming either..

Yes. If we want to compete with and beat ala, fl, ga, lsu, etc. golden is our man. lol for those of you with no sarcasm detector.

I'd take Bobby Petrino over Golden and not think twice about it.. In fact... Since the Gruden pipe dream is looking more and more like a pipe dream, Petrino is the best coach left out there.. Bob Stoops isn't coming either..

+1

I would have already hired the man a week ago.

Petrino at 2.5 vs hopes of Gruden at 6.75? One is proven in college and one is not. Give BP the 4 million to hire the best staff we can and get to recruiting.

+1

I would have already hired the man a week ago.

Petrino at 2.5 vs hopes of Gruden at 6.75? One is proven in college and one is not. Give BP the 4 million to hire the best staff we can and get to recruiting.
Gruden basically shot us down in a Espn radio interview.. Bob said he was staying at OU.. Bobby Petrino is the best of what's left..

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

:bash::bash::bash::bash:

I would be happy with Petrino.
So would most of us that would like to win games and not be the butt of everyone's jokes anymore.. They'll probably hire Al Golden though because he's basically a 500 coach with morals.. Dresses snappy too.. At least he'll look good while getting his azz kicked here..

Reactions: 1 person
Gruden basically shot us down in a Espn radio interview.. Bob said he was staying at OU.. Bobby Petrino is the best of what's left..

I just keep thinking about hiring BP at around 2.5. That leaves a TON of money to go hire the highest paid OC/DC in the business if we wanted. As crazy as it sounds, I would hire FULMER to coach special teams and be the recruiting coordinator. (He would be ideal for OL, but I want to keep Pittman). Maybe they could work together. Tackles & TE's/C's & Guards kind of thing. It just makes so much more sense than throwing 100 million dollars at a chance Gruden does well here.

I just keep thinking about hiring BP at around 2.5. That leaves a TON of money to go hire the highest paid OC/DC in the business if we wanted. As crazy as it sounds, I would hire FULMER to coach special teams and be the recruiting coordinator. (He would be ideal for OL, but I want to keep Pittman). Maybe they could work together. Tackles & TE's/C's & Guards kind of thing. It just makes so much more sense than throwing 100 million dollars at a chance Gruden does well here.
Only thing i worry about with him is recruiting.. He's a great coach no doubt.. Wasn't the greatest recruiter though.. Also with his past history teams would use that against us.. He'd still win games though, he's good..

Only thing i worry about with him is recruiting.. He's a great coach no doubt.. Wasn't the greatest recruiter though.. Also with his past history teams would use that against us.. He'd still win games though, he's good..

The recruiting is why I would love to see Fulmer hired. Stack Fulmer, Graham, Martin, and a great OC/DC and the head coach is not doing a ton of recruiting.

Winning coach, check.

Tradition rich staff who can sell UT, check.

I think BP could gain alot of support in his presser if he were announced as coach. If you saw the presser he did in August with ESPN trying to explain what had happened at Arkansas. He is an emotional guy. I think people would see he is a guy who messed up and is just asking for another chance. 1st year recruiting may be tough. Win 2-3 games he is not supposed to in 2013 and we will be off and running. Recruiting will blow up.

This interview is analogous to what poker players refer to as a "semi-bluff." There is a chance that something meaningful could come of it, but at the same time, what it's really intended to do is draw someone else at the table (in this case, JG) into revealing information or taking action that they'd otherwise prefer to delay a little longer on.

This interview is analogous to what poker players refer to as a "semi-bluff." There is a chance that something meaningful could come of it, but at the same time, what it's really intended to do is draw someone else at the table (in this case, JG) into revealing information or taking action that they'd otherwise prefer to delay a little longer on.

With UT having told JG that 5:00 PM on Friday is the deadline, I think UT is not going to wait him out. I think Hart will hire the new HC before Sunday. IMO, Gruden may want to wait and see what NFL jobs/options he has. I don't think UT/Hart feel we have the time to wait.

The recruiting is why I would love to see Fulmer hired. Stack Fulmer, Graham, Martin, and a great OC/DC and the head coach is not doing a ton of recruiting.

Winning coach, check.

Tradition rich staff who can sell UT, check.

I think BP could gain alot of support in his presser if he were announced as coach. If you saw the presser he did in August with ESPN trying to explain what had happened at Arkansas. He is an emotional guy. I think people would see he is a guy who messed up and is just asking for another chance. 1st year recruiting may be tough. Win 2-3 games he is not supposed to in 2013 and we will be off and running. Recruiting will blow up.
Best coaching option out there not named Gruden or Stoops.. He comes with some baggage, but i think after he boat races a few teams that would all be little more than a memory..

Someone should paint the rock and people should start protesting outside the AD office to voice our displeasure of Golden!!!

I could not do that. The man IF HIRED has to be given a chance. Noone on here knows if he would go 4-8 next year or 10-2. Golden turned Temple around in a big big way. He was in a bad spot at Miami the second he walked in the door. Maimi has a dozen FR & SO starting this year. If he is hired, I will cheer for Golden to win every game and wait to judge him.

I could not do that. The man IF HIRED has to be given a chance. Noone on here knows if he would go 4-8 next year or 10-2. Golden turned Temple around in a big big way. He was in a bad spot at Miami the second he walked in the door. Maimi has a dozen FR & SO starting this year. If he is hired, I will cheer for Golden to win every game and wait to judge him.
I would cheer for him to if he is hired. My point is to let Hart know the fan base want be happy with that decison beforehand so he dosen't hire him.

First question should be:

"Do you have a winning record?"

"Well that is" (Interrupt)

"Ok well thats all we needed to know. Thanks Al and enjoy the weather.

I said if Hart hired Smart I was done. I'm hoping he doesn't go after Golden. I feel like we would be hiring another experiment!

Main thing Hart needs to get worked out in Golden's contract is make sure that buy out is low after year three. That way the new AD won't have to worry about a hefty buyout to pay.

I agree, but, that's what we did with Dooley as well. Based on Golden's W/L record and the teams he has been with, not sure that he will stand up to the rigors of the SEC. I don't think he will get more than 2 years to show significant improvement though.

Without a unifying coach (Gruden, Stoops), the fanbase will continue to be divided with a large portion just waiting for the first negative to pounce. JMHO.

So, as many have said here, Dooley 2.0!!!
Look if we have to start the excuses before he even coaches a game then I don't want him and recruits won't come for him.

VN Store

Back