The hire Al Golden Thread

Golden would kill it at UT. Simply citing his overall record shows a lack of football knowledge or is a symptom of mental retardation....

Both of his jobs have been major rebuilds..... And he actually shows progress. Miami will be loaded next year....

Great rebuild. He took a 7-6 team and went 6-6 and 7-5 this year.

The only response I have to this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjn0Yw0mxuk[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Anyone else get the feeling Golden would be Dooley 2.0. People are already making excuses for the guy, saying look at the situation he had to work with etc....

Not attacking anyone but do we really want to go down that road again. :peace2:

Reactions: 2 people
I saw someone posted that Golden has alot of young guys having to play alot at Miami because of NCAA/Turnover. I checked and Miami has 12 guys starting that are either a FR or SO. To compare, Tennessee has 4 that are starting.

Golden is not the type of hire UT needs right now. We need a big name who knows how to win.

A 7-6 team that lost 22 starters due to suspension or dismissal and NCAA sanctions looming, he did damn well to accomplish what he did with what he had.

That happens every where. I don't see this as great progress with the same records and worse recruiting than Randy Shannon.

This ranks right up there at the top of the list of the stupidest statements in VN history.

Its the Dooley arguments. People say that we were in worse shape than they are now. Golden has won three more games than DD did in a way weaker conference. His record is sub .500. He is not a good hire. All schools have attrition.

Also he didn't lose anywhere near all 22 starters. I don't know where you pulled that made up stat from.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back