The Grill and BBQ thread

Anybody have any recommendations/recipes for a whole beef tenderloin?
Reverse sear is the only way to go. Trim and tie, rub as desired, 225-250 indirect until 120 internal. Remove and keep warm, crank the heat to sear, light coat of bacon grease or butter and a little more rub or S&P, then about 45 seconds a side, rolling 3x.

Let rest 10m, slice and serve with horseradish sauce.

Reverse sear is the only way to go. Trim and tie, rub as desired, 225-250 indirect until 120 internal. Remove and keep warm, crank the heat to sear, light coat of bacon grease or butter and a little more rub or S&P, then about 45 seconds a side, rolling 3x.

Let rest 10m, slice and serve with horseradish sauce.
This

But Chimichurri over Horseradish for me.

Does anyone use or recommend Pit Boss smokers? Thinking about changing out my Masterbuilt cabinet smoker for a Pit Boss Austin XL
I have had mine for about 5 years now and use it about once a week on average..........about 2 times a week in the fall and spring. I dont have the Austin XL, I have the Pro 1150 series. I have heard great things about the austin XL. The thing that made me buy a pitt boss over the traeger was the searing function on the pitt boss. I just slide a lever and I can sear my stuff right above the fire bowl.

VN Store

Back